VACANCY REFERENCE: EA-AZ-042
The Education Associate at Islamic Relief, under the supervision of the Education Officer, plays a key role in supporting and implementing educational programs. Responsibilities include assisting in program development, coordinating activities, and ensuring effective delivery of education initiatives in line with organizational objectives
duties and responsibilities:
Closely work with the project officer in identification of existing gaps in education
Implement day to day activities of the projects
Regular follow up of the rehabilitation work in schools on daily basis to ensure that the delivery of qualitative services
Organize training events and sessions according to the project plan
Works closely with the project officer in work planning, budget control, financial management and reporting.
Maintaining relationships with project partners and stakeholders
Internal and external communication of the project
Assists and supports the coordination, work planning, reporting, partner liaison, networking and communication.
Takes responsibility in organizing meetings and events.
In collaboration with project staff, assist in conducting needs assessments, identifying the need of the education sector
Maintain ongoing relations with education sector actors
Perform any additional tasks assigned by the project officer and UIYV management
Undertake assessments and analysis on education within Idleb governorate
coordination with the DOE on the identification and selection of target schools and locations
In consultation with the project officer, assist in develop annual, quarterly and monthly project Plan of Actions of their location in accordance with requirements stipulated in the project documents
Establish good working relationship with school’s Managements and ensure that they take their role in implementing the project
Assist the project officer in preparing monthly reports
Assist in Document best practice and lessons learnt from the implementation of the education project activities.
Assist in Identify operational/technical and management problems arising during the implementation of the project activities and report to the line manager to ensure timely action is taken
Ensure to uphold the technical standards of quality and accountability including Core Humanitarian standards, and mainstreaming gender and protection.
Ensure the submission of weekly reports.
Maintain a systematic filing system that would ensure safe keeping of distribution and records
Knowledge, Experience, and Qualifications
University Degree in Education, Business Administration, or another related field
At least 3 years’ experience in education program implementation in INGOs
Strong coordination skills with proven ability to work across multiple technical areas simultaneously, supporting and mentoring multiple staff members
Ability to manage time effectively and priorities work to meet deadlines
Demonstrate passion and commitment for changing people’s lives;
Must be creative, innovative and inquisitive;
Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills;
Familiarity with Humanitarian Principles;
Good in English & fluent in Arabic (written and spoken).
Very Good computer skills.
Proficiency in the internet and search tools.
Proficiency in MS office and the ability to use software necessary for project management and reporting. (Excel and word are a must)
- The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Education Project officer.
- The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful and flexible.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and demonstrate sound work ethics.
How to apply
- If you are reliable, service-minded, discreet, dedicated and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by completing the application form from the following link before the closing date.
- Interested applicants that possess the personal specifications mentioned above may apply by completing the job application on the followinglink before 18th Feb 2024 at 5:00 pm. before the closing date.
- Please complete all the fields in the application link and submit it before the deadline, as any incomplete or late application will be refused.
- Submitting this application does not represent any responsibility on the organization of any kind, and the organization has the right to set standards as it deems appropriate for the job according to the information available about all applicants, and to select candidates who will attend a job interview from among the applicants by those standards.
Deadline: 18 Feb 2024