Management Systems International
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The purpose of the evaluation is to examine the effectiveness of the MCC’S Cote d’Ivoire Skills for Employability and Productivity project activities, determine whether the project has achieved the planned results, identify successes and gaps in performance against targets, and provide information on whether the project has had unintended consequences.
The Education/Labor Economist Specialist will be a key member of the evaluation team for the duration of the evaluation. The specialist will ensure that the labor sector considerations are integrated in the evaluation design and methodology, data collection instruments and procedures, data analysis, and reporting of the evaluation deliverables.
- Contribute to desk research and provide inputs for an evaluability assessment.
- Contribute to the drafting and finalization of the evaluation design including evaluation methodology, data collection instruments, data collection and analysis plans, work plans and other relevant sections. Focus will be given to labor and cost data and considerations.
- Assess feasibility and request data required for rate of return and/or other economic analysis.
- Provide technical support during data collection and analysis. Data collection may consist of baseline and endline, each round with a survey, key informant interviews and focus groups.
- Contribute to drafting sections of all evaluation reports and dissemination materials.
- Participate in dissemination efforts for the evaluation findings.
- Ensure all evaluation processes and products meet the requirements and quality standards of MSI and MCC.
- A bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred in education, evaluation, research, or a related field.
- At least five years of experience supporting program design and/or implementation of youth workforce development programs, with demonstrated understanding of informal and formal labor markets and TVET performance data systems.
- Experience conducting economic analyses to assess rate of return, cost-effectiveness, cost-efficiency and/or impact of youth workforce development projects.
- Experience contributing to qualitative and quantitative data collection design efforts and analyzing and reporting data through an economist lens.
- Prior experience with bilateral or multi-lateral donor evaluations required, experience with MCC preferred.
- Prior work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa required, Cote d’Ivoire highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, supervision, and written/oral communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required; French preferred.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
How to apply
To apply: Please visit our website, Education/Labor Economist Specialist, Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC)/Cote d’Ivoire Technical, Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Evaluation, Yamoussoukro, Côte d’Ivoire – Tetra Tech Careers (selectminds.com)