Syrian Civil Administration Development Center
SYCAC is a non-profit, non-governmental civil society organization established in Turkey in 2012. It aims to increase civic spaces to play an active role in peace processes and early recovery of communities by empowering, protecting, and building community capacities, as well as enhancing the leadership role of women and marginalized groups, to achieve communities that embrace the principle of democracy and human rights.
SYCAC is seeking for early recovery coordinator in its HQ office in Gaziantep,
who will be responsible for Implementation of project activities with the required quality based on work plan, including the preparation, planning, organization, coordination, and good relations with the team and all potential stakeholders,
She/He will ensure a timely achievement of the project’s objectives as per the program’s objectives, and donor compliance,
She/He will provide timely reporting, the necessary support for the Early Recovery program,
In addition to performing any other tasks within his/her competence.
- Preparing the implementation plan for the project, overseeing the implementation of the project ensuring that technical requirements and quality standards are considered and respected during project implementation, and committing to the plan, budget, and logical log frame.
- Ensure quality control relating directly to project activities and its documentation, required paperwork, and maintain all documentation required to ensure accountability to the donor.
- Submit high quality and timely weekly, monthly reports that will be indicative of project progress during implementation.
- Submit periodic reports for the donor, including the final report.
- Manage donor and project-related communications.
- Leading the project staff and providing technical support for the staff to ensure capacity building during the project life.
- Providing technical support for the programs manager and the supporting departments regarding project implementation needs.
- Participate in developing the proposals, and budgets when preparing new projects.
- Attend and represent SYCAC in all meetings related to the program (clusters, working groups, etc.) and provide the necessary recommendations, updates, reports and presentations.
- Adherence to the policies and procedures followed by SYCAC in all operations.
- Commitment to the Code of Conduct, child protection, and prevention of sexual exploitation and harassment.
- Commitment to executing any other related tasks in coordination with the direct manager.
- At least bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- At least 3 years of work experience in the same field.
- A clear understanding of donor compliance is essential.
- A good knowledge of the Syrian context, familiar with humanitarian and development fields.
- A good knowledge of gender issues, especially in the context of peace operations.
- High skills in managing and facilitating physical and virtual dialogues.
- Excellent skills in writing relevant reports.
- Ability to effectively supervise and manage staff.
- Excellent Planning and organizing skills and ability to adhere deadlines.
- Information technology skills: Familiar with the following programs and very good analytical and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
How to apply
- SYCAC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
- The selection process will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
- We are committed to providing a safe work environment for all employees that is free from sexual harassment, exploitation, abuse and other types of discriminatory and harassment.
- All new employees must read, understand and agree to the code of conduct.
- Selected candidates will undergo reference and background checks.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Due to the urgency of the position, SYCAC retains the right to recruit before the closing dates.
- Interested candidates may please fill the application at the following link: Apply now
Deadline: 15 Feb 2024