Lucas Group, A Korn Ferry Company
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Dallas, TX – (Uptown), Up to 10% Travel As Needed
Founded in 1927, our client is an independent, non-profit organization that certifies obstetricians and gynecologists in the United States. Our client is one of 24 specialty Boards approved by the American Board of Medical Specialties.
The Communications Director will oversee communications for our client to expand and enhance outreach to physicians and the public, increase organizational transparency, and effectively communicate the importance of board certification and medical professionalism.
Responsible for guiding the strategy for all internal and external communications to effectively articulate our client’s mission in consistent fashion. The Communications Director must be able to protect and maintain our client’s brand and reputation, including preserving our unified, branded look and feel that reflects the organization’s vision. The Communications Director will also serve as the communications partner to support development and implementation of a variety of our client’s operational initiatives.
- Works with key stakeholders across the organization to develop, implement, and evaluate annual communications plans for our client’s internal and external stakeholders, including annual micro-plans for each of the Exams, Maintenance of Certification, and Fellowship Departments.
- Maintains overarching branded message platforms and oversees internal and external communications to ensure consistency across all platforms and/or communications channels.
- Works on long-term development and planning with our client’s leadership to develop a resident engagement program intended to help foster deeper connections with resident community and enable our client to gather intelligence about the needs of residents as relates to certification.
- Works with senior staff and IT team members to develop and/or maintain digital content that engages and educates physicians and the public. Includes coordinating website maintenance, ensuring that updated, accurate information consistent with our client’s brand, policy, and operational standards is posted regularly.
- As needed, ensures relevant staff are trained on the website Content Management System (CMS) to enable staff to maintain content specifics relative to their respective department needs. Also ensures CMS training materials are updated as needed.
- Manages the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic materials including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, and our client’s website.
- Works with Communications Coordinator to maintain our client’s social media presence and ensures all posts preserve brand integrity and deliver accurate and relevant content.
- Ensures consistency of internal communications by keeping staff apprised of important events, news, and policies.
- Launches, monitors, and works to promote our client’s brand, in collaboration with the Maintenance of Certification and IT departments, that further the brand value of continuing certification.
- Launches and maintains communications initiatives, including our client’s OB GYN Health+ website, as part of strategic and ongoing certification education to the general public, ensuring content is maintained; monitors traffic and plans/executes promotional activity to boost awareness, reach, and traffic to the site.
- Provides feedback to senior staff on the needs and topical issues of the organization regarding communications.
- Ensures that communications follow regulatory requirements and company policies.
- Fosters cross-collaboration and information exchange across the organization and outside partnerships.
- Manages all media contacts, writes all press releases and/or public statements, routes all releases and statements for approval through appropriate internal channels, and ensures timely distribution of releases and statements across national newswires.
- Manages the productivity and performance of Communications staff to ensure that quality and volume of work meets with exceptional standards and that all work product contributes effectively to the organization.
- Assists with development of stakeholder facing communication channels, ensuring brand standards are met and collaborates on an ongoing basis across departments as needed for development and implementation of new branding opportunities.
- Develops materials and equipment as needed for our client’s presence at specialty conferences and oversees conference exhibit space.
- Collaborates across departments to develop methodology and operational processes for measuring, monitoring, and enhancing customer (stakeholder) experiences (CX) to ensure alignment with brand standards and positive brand perceptions.
- Responsible for content development and copy writing and editing of all information to be distributed in our client’s name, including press releases and statements as noted above, but also supporting content tools such as FAQs, standard responses, webpage content, phone scripts, video scripts, leadership talking points, and any other content items as needed for effective communications to stakeholders and preservation of brand.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, or related field. Master’s degree in related field is preferred.
- Minimum of five years of progressive communications or public relations experience within an agency or corporate environment.
- Healthcare experience desired.
- Experience with brand management, including crisis communications and reputation management.
- Experience managing and training communications personnel.
- Experience with Constant Contact and/or other email marketing platforms.
- Experience developing and managing website content.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, verbal communication skills, and public speaking abilities.
- Experience developing and implementing internal and external communications strategies.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Proven leadership abilities and effective interpersonal skills.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all essential groups, including staff, board members, diplomates, candidates/future candidates, and the public.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to travel as necessary.
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. Our national reach spans major U.S. cities, job functions and industries, with divisions specializing in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Military Transition, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Operations. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.