International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is one of the world’s largest international humanitarian non-governmental organizations (INGO), at work in more than 40 countries and more than 25 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. A force for humanity, IRC employees delivers lasting impact by restoring safety, dignity and hope to millions. If you’re a solutions-driven, passionate change-maker, come join us in positively impacting the lives of millions of people world-wide for a better future.
The External Relations (ER) department is a crucial team at the International Rescue Committee, responsible for raising the essential funds to improve outcomes for our clients, while growing and protecting our global brand. The hardworking people that make up this department are committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve. External Relations is comprised of 4 complementary functions: Private fundraising, Marketing & Mobilization, Policy and Advocacy and Business Operations and Analytics.
Three years ago, ER obtained an ambitious multi-year investment, the first ever done at IRC, with the aim of doubling the size of private fundraising in 5 years as well as strengthening IRC brand and influence. Given the strong track-record of the team, we are now in the process of developing a second strategic investment to push our growth even further.
The Director Fundraising Operations will have a leading role in supporting ER in implementing and achieving this exciting new strategy. If you are passionate about data, continuous learning and problem solving and have strong process optimization competences and outstanding interpersonal skills, this could be a perfect role for you!
The Director, Fundraising Operations is a senior leader of the Business Operations and Analytics team within ER. This team is the backbone of the department and provides strategy and financial planning, analytics and operations support for all of ER.
The Director will lead and develop a team of 14 people situated across the US and Europe. They will lead on the management of global data capture, processing of gift and financial transaction, financial reporting, and reconciliation for all private fundraising revenues globally. They will act as thought-partner to the frontline fundraising, Finance, IT, and Analytics teams to support rigorous and best in class standards, processes, governance, and stewardship around key fundraising data assets and to ensure that these assets can be transformed into valuable and actionable business insights.
• Ensure the accurate and timely processing of all private revenue globally to enable quality donor stewardship and power our analytics program
• Establish and improve data management and standard processes across all markets, leveraging both Salesforce solutions and data warehouse infrastructure (SQL databases, scheduling and ETL tools) to support key business processes and provide continuous data quality and accuracy improvements
• Serve as primary liaison with IRC Finance for all work related to financial reporting/reconciliation, preparation of the annual financial audit and ensure all gift processing and record-keeping is conducted in compliance with all financial and legal standards
• Manage and administer internal IRC global payment gateways, including set-up and technical configuration of new gateways, fraud monitoring and vendor management
• Partner closely with IT/technology colleagues on related data governance processes and systems administration and configuration to improve data capture, validation and security
• Take personal responsibility for the success of the GDO team by supporting, mentoring, and developing them. Promote a positive, collaborative, efficient team working environment where team members enjoy working with each other and feel able to do impactful work and grow professionally over time
Key Working Relationships:
**Position Reports to:**Vice President, Business Operations and Analytics
**Position directly supervises:**5
• GDO Senior Mangers, US Market
• GDO Manger, UK Market
• Operations Analyst
• Senior Analyst Performance and data quality
• GDO Manager, New Markets
• Extensive demonstrable work experience with complex, large-scale CRM (preferable Salesforce), donor or member databases with high transaction volume and marketing segmentation requirements as well as in handling vendor relationships
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as, an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications
• Build and maintain tight-knit collaborations with partners in functions and teams across IRC
• Able to handle multiple demands and adapt to new challenges and shifting priorities
• Solid people management capabilities
• Strong organizational and time-management skills; consistent track record to prioritize and deliver sophisticated projects on time
• Ability to solve problems and identify solutions under high levels of ambiguity and uncertainty
• Excellent Excel skills and experience with financial modeling
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
The IRC offers a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. All US employees are eligible for sick time, a 403b retirement savings plans: up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus an 3-7% additional IRC contribution, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
In addition, full-time employees are eligible for 10 US paid holidays, 20-25 paid time off days, disability & life insurance, medical, dental, and vision insurance (employee contribution starting at $135, $7, and $5 per month respectively) and FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs. Part-time employees are eligible for a proportionate amount of paid time off. These additional benefits apply to employees who work at least 6 months within a 12 month time period.
**Standard of Professional Conduct:**The IRC and the IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – our Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equality.
Commitment to Gender, Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion: The IRC is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, respectful, and safe work environment where all persons are treated fairly, with dignity and respect. The IRC expressly prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or bullying of the IRC persons in any work setting. We aim to increase the representation of women, people that are from country and communities we serve, and people who identify as races and ethnicities that are under-represented in global power structures.
How to apply