Position: Deputy Food Security Program Manager NWS (Food baskets, Food vouchers, Emergency)
Duty station: Gaziantep
Line Manager: Food Security Program Manager
General Post Description
The FS DPM is responsible for daily implementation of food security (FS) programme activities and supervises the daily project’s execution in technical and financial terms, all in compliance with IDD and the donor’s procedures. He/she ensures the implementation of programme activities are leading to the achievement of the project’s results in a timely way. FS DPM reports to FS Manager. He/she supports all project planning activities and reports about Food Vouchers (FV) and Food Baskets (FB) and emergency response ( RTE, MPCA, WCGs)
Functional and hierarchical reporting lines
This position reports to the Food Security Program Manager. He/she is daily interacting and leading the field teams for implementation, coordinates with M&E, Finance, Logistic and Accountability and Security department.
Principal responsibilities AND TASKS:
- Support planning of all program activities, especially selection of new areas across Food Security and emergency modalities. Coordination with Security, Accountability, M&E and field teams on overall process and ensure adherence to timelines.
- Coordinate with M&E team to conduct the need assessment of the operation area, discuss and analyze data and evaluate options to operate in the most needed areas in terms of needs, challenges and market function, liaise with the field team (Area coordinator, head of program and FV coordinator).
- Coordinate results with security departments to obtain clearance for areas of operation
- Lead beneficiary selection process with support from FS PM based on awarded grants, starting with survey questions and working with ME team.
- Check and review data received from M&E program and field level to create final lists of beneficiaries for all programmatic activities and list of selected FV vendors
- Contribute to proposal development and program improvements
- Develop monthly food voucher values with Food Security PM and agree on final values based on market assessments
- Follow up with the food security team of preparing the PRs for food vouchers and food baskets and coordinate with Logistics for delivery days and availability in the field.
- Prepare relevant MoU and FV vendor contracts in close coordination with HQ legal department.
- Daily management of program implementation by field staff, by guiding field teams and provide support to address daily issues
- Reviewing weekly work plans prepared by field team.
- Follow up on issues raised by Accountability team and CRM and resolve all issues
- Ensure on-time ordering of necessary FV and FB, taking into consideration lead team and operational readiness in the field, review and approve design of monthly food vouchers
- Ensure timely supply of FB and FV to avoid shortages, coordinate with logistic department, quality control and security department
- Support beneficiary data management system roll-out for distributions of FB and FV, food voucher vendors, including preparation of current and historic data for upload
- Analyse all FB and FVs data, update internal tracking systems and prepare data for reports to donors
- Collect lessons learned from the implementation level and feedback to PM for integration of learning into future programming
- Ensure archiving of all relevant documents in documentation software and data systems – ELO support to the FS PM: projects documentation archiving, contracts uploading.
- Support roll-out of beneficiary data management system, including ensuring data transfers and training of field staff
Interpersonal, Communication and Coordination Skills
- Excellent analytical and communicative skills, a capacity and willingness to show initiative and take both a hands-on and an analytical approach to tasks and problems.
- Excellent organization and coordination skills and capacity to prioritize, communicate effectively, and meet deadlines
- Proactive, creative, flexible, and able to cope with a challenging and constantly evolving humanitarian work environment, often under pressure.
- A high level of professional and personal maturity together with an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, managers and external partners, including I/NGOs, community representatives.
- A strong understanding of, and experience with, operational principles including but not limited to Protection Mainstreaming, Age Gender and Diversity (AGD), Do No Harm and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR);
- A strong commitment towards humanitarian relief and disaster operations. It is of utmost priority that candidates understand, respect and actively promote the spirit of the mandate and core humanitarian values, including humanity and the humanitarian imperative, independence, impartiality, neutrality, and accountability in aid.
- Collection of progress report from the field, checking FS projects figures.
- Monthly, semi-annual, and final report.
- Follow up with the SF team regarding the preparation of 4Ws, 5Ws and other relevant reports.
- Prepare and maintain tracking sheets of all distributions and payments.
- Update SOP for Food Baskets and Food Vouchers.
Field staff management
- Supporting on recruitment and development of the capacities of staff in program
- Manage field staff, and team in Turkey, ensure close coordination between teams
- Other tasks assigned by employee’s Line Manager corresponding to actual needs of the mission, programs, and projects.
- Substitute relevant colleagues (fully or partially) during their absence when assigned by employee’s Line Manager.
- Represent IDD in sectoral meetings based on assignments from line manager
- Understand and adhere to the mission’s National Staff Handbook, IDD Code of Conduct, IDD Key Policies and relevant guidelines.
How to apply
If you are interested, please apply with your CV (in English) on https://airtable.com/shrLCRdkgRjkSS4iC until 11.04.2022.