Médecins Sans Frontières
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need based in Dagahaley and Mombasa County.
The position is based in Nairobi Coordination Office
Work Location : Nairobi
Duration : 12 Months (Starting with 3 months’ probation period)
renewable based on performance)
Start Date : 2nd May 2024.
The selected candidate will be reporting to Finance Coordinator
Supporting the Finance Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities, replacing him/her in his/her absence and participating in the implementation and management of finance strategies, policies, the internal control system and all financial administrative and legal issues in the mission, according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures, in order to provide accurate, transparent, timely and reliable financial information to the organization and third parties on the allocation of resources in the projects
- Participating actively in the definition and monitoring of the financial operational and budget needs and the financial strategy of the mission, providing support in the assessment and mitigation of the financial risks of the mission and in the implementation of the relevant organizational setup in order to meet all financial obligations while keeping financial ethics respected at all times.
- Supporting the Finance Coordinator in the implementation and respect of MSF policies and guidelines, ensuring they are aligned with legal requirements and within the national legal framework, and designing or adapting relevant local policies, procedures and tools for optimized management of the mission’s financial resources.
- Supporting the Finance Manager in the management of the treasury, including the whole accounting of the mission in order to ensure the smooth running of operations at all times and maintaining as much control as possible on financial risks.
- Participating in the management of funding agreements with donors and in providing regular and adequate indicators to monitor the financial health of the mission, providing relevant cost analysis, regularly monitoring of expenses vs budget, analyzing variances and suggesting corrective actions when needed. Assisting in the collection of information on resources and translating them into a budget.
- Supporting the Finance Coordinator in ensuring the proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential, detection, staff’s development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the finance activities.
- Participating in the coordination and supervision of the monthly and yearly closing of accounts with the aim that the statement reflects the financial reality of the mission.
- Performing tasks delegated by the Finance Coordinator and replacing him/her in his/her absence.
- When requested replacing other members of the capital or project finance teams during their absence
- Organisational evolution/mutualisation dossiers are a major intersection priority in Kenya as Nairobi is the humanitarian hub in the EA Region. Total budget of the mission in 2024: approx. 11 million CHF. Donors to follow-up in 2024 (grant for Mombasa and Dagahaley projects).
- Supporting the projects and their respective team, and conducting field visits to the projects/emergencies/explo when required:
- Participating in the coordination and the support during local audits.
- Technical supervision of the ACMA and the Field Admin (FIN/HR Managers), although the Finance Coordinator remains their main supervisor.
Essential Degree in Finance/ Economics
Experience in budget management
Experience in team management
Desirable working experience in MSF or other NGOs
- English and Swahili
- Knowledge of Somali language will be an advantage
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, ERP and internet)
- Strategic Vision
- People Management and Development
- Service Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements, Please submit your application and Curriculum Vitae
(The CV in PDF format and saved with your full names) through https://msf-switzerland.odoo.com/jobs/detail/deputy-finance-coordinator-15 by 26th February 2024
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted**.** Incomplete applications will not be considered
This vacancy is open for Kenyan Nationals only
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee. MSFCH welcomes applications from people of all sexual or gender identities and encourages women to apply
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your personal data will be treated confidentially. MSF will not use your personal data in any other way other than for purposes of recruitment.