International Research and Exchanges Board
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, work in more than 100 countries worldwide with offices in 13 countries, and a global staff of 600.
IREX seeks qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for the anticipated five-year USAID Civil Society Activity in Tunisia. The program’s goal is to empower Tunisian citizens to act and advocate for specific issues and to build the legitimacy and sustainability of the civil society sector. The Program is expected to work towards the following objectives: 1) Increase the engagement and agency of citizens to act and advocate for specific issues of public interest; 2) Strengthen the institutional capacity of civil society organizations to promote positive change on citizen and constituent priorities; and 3) Promote effective partnerships (intra-, inter-, and multi-sectoral) at local, regional, and national levels (e.g., government, civil society, citizens, citizens, private sector) to advance shared development objectives. The DCOP will be based in Tunis and will oversee all programmatic aspects, ensuring that objectives are met on time and within budget. The DCOP will also coordinate with the COP to enable horizontal and vertical networks of individuals and organizations to advocate for and bring about change across issues that resonate with local communities and increase government responsiveness and accountability in Tunisia.
Only citizens or residents of Tunisia will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the COP in providing overall day to day management and coordination of project technical and administrative personnel and functions, and serve as the Acting COP in the COP’s absence
- Ensure that the program meets all IREX, USAID, and host country regulations and requirements related to USAID funds, accountability, and operations within the region
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under the award; oversee all payments
- Monitor program budget and provide required reporting; maintain financial records for all program activities
- Overseeing subgrantee budgets and expenditures
- Supervise Finance and Operations team
- Ensure that appropriate financial record-keeping policies and practices are established and maintained
- Ensure that all financial management and procurement is conducted in compliance with IREX policy and U.S. government regulations
- Oversee all office expenditures and staff transportation/vehicles; lead human resource management
- Liaise with IREX home office financial, compliance, and field operations teams
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Tunisian citizenship or residency.
- Advanced university degree in a relevant social science or administration, law, public policy, and at least seven (7) years of experience in Tunisia in the management of international donor-funded programs; or an undergraduate degree in a relevant social or administrative science with at least nine (9) years of experience in the management of donor-funded programs
- Previous experience as a Deputy Chief of Party, Director of Administration and Finance, Operations Manager, or another senior managerial role on an international donor-funded program
- Demonstrated experience in developing and operating management processes and systems, such as human resources and performance management, financial management, and management of employee compensation systems
- Ability to compile and prepare financial and budget data in-line with USG rules and regulations
- Experience analyzing budget trends and monitoring funding levels across multiple accounts
- Expertise with procedures required for adequate planning, monitoring, and realigning of complex budgets
- Demonstrated ability to work with host government and cooperating partners in managing a complex program in a challenging implementing environment
- Skilled in managing and compiling financial data for reporting and ensuring compliance with all donor requirements
- Experience in (sub-) contractual and grants management and assuring compliance with both internal and donor procurement rules and regulations
- Ability to successfully manage and develop staff in a multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individual regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Excellent computer skills as they relate to financial management
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French
How to apply
Click on https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oZ81jfwb&s=ReliefWeb to submit your CV and cover letter for consideration.