Management Systems International
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is pursuing an upcoming follow-on to the Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) to provide third-party monitoring (TPM) services to monitor, verify, and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by USAID’s Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (USAID BHA). The activity will provide independent and verifiable TPM of USAID BHA funded programs in Nigeria that will increase USAID BHA and its partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, and lessons learned of their projects. The information and findings will be critical in ensuring program learning and accountability, and contribute to real time programmatic adjustments and future program design. The project may also support data quality assessments and evaluations of USAID BHA activities, as required by the client. NMP ll is a follow-on project to NMP.
**Please note: Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position**
MSI is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to provide providing overall technical direction to the NMP II team, under the Chief of Party’s (COP’s) oversight, on the project’s TPM methodology, tools, data analysis, and reporting activities. The DCOP will be responsible for the design of the monitoring plan, data collection tools, leading engagement with implementing partners (IPs), and ensuring the integrity of data and the overall monitoring system. The DCOP will lead a team of staff to provide TPM services, including overseeing monitoring training and supervision practices, collaboration with implementing partners, data collection planning and implementation, data verification and data quality assurance, data analysis, visualization, reporting, and learning events. The DCOP will report to the COP and it is expected the position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria. This full-time position is anticipated to last for five years and is contingent upon award.
Work under guidance and supervision of the COP in carrying out the following:
- Manage and oversee preparation and ensure timely submission of key contract deliverables.
- Ensure the quality of all data collection, analyses, reports, and other deliverables and that they meet MSI and USAID quality control/assurance standards.
- Direct and monitor execution of all TPM services, including data verification, implementation monitoring, data quality assessments, compliance monitoring, and data analysis, reporting, visualization, and utilization. This may also include performance evaluations, as directed by the client.
- Support the utilization and refinement of project dashboard(s) to store and visualize data.
- Work with the COP to ensure TPM data, reporting, and learning events are relevant and well targeted to support learning and adaptation objectives of USAID BHA and its partners.
- Oversee management of existing and recruitment of new, local technical staff. Ensure staffing is carried out in compliance with MSI hiring processes and procedures.
- Work closely with data collection subcontractor(s) to ensure field data management is effectively carried out.
- Conduct training of local and subcontractor staff on data collection tools and protocols.
- Closely monitor field data collection and ensure regular TPM schedules are prepared in a timely manner and no delays are experienced in data collection.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with USAID BHA and its partners and ensure the required supporting documentation for TPM site visits are provided in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, social science, statistics, or a related field; Master’s degree in international affairs, social science, statistics or a related field is highly desired.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the humanitarian, development, or transition field, including at least two (2) years of experience managing teams and at least one (1) year of experience working in conflict zones.
- Previous experience providing technical support to third party monitoring project, monitoring, evaluation, and learning support projects, or evaluations is highly desired.
- Previous experience leading USAID-funded activities is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting performance monitoring and/or TPM and analyzing/reporting large data sets for a variety of USAID programs.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting data quality assessments on humanitarian projects.
- Previous experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in conflict zones is preferred.
- Experience in designing and field-testing data collection instruments for TPM.
- Experience in providing robust and easy-to-understand data visualizations and communications on monitoring and evaluation products.
- Previous experience working on programs implemented in Africa is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English required.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page.Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
How to apply
To apply: Please visit our website, Deputy Chief of Party, USAID Nigeria Monitoring Project ll, Abuja, Nigeria – Tetra Tech Careers (selectminds.com)
Deadline: 2 Apr 2024