ROLE REPORTS TO: Director of Advocacy, Campaigns and Engagement (ACE)
ROLES REPORTING TO THIS POST: Head of Media Content Manager Brand and Audience Manager Head of Internal Communications
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: 800K – 1M Euro (including project funding)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (Technical, Leadership, People and Resource management)
• Lead, through collaboration with the team, department and communications network across countries, regions and affiliates, the co-creation, organisation and delivery of a vision and strategic planning for effective external and internal communications and brand management.
• Provide leadership in the Advocacy, Campaigns and Engagement Leadership Team including on the development of the global Vision, Strategy and Operational Plans.
• Hold accountability for guardianship of the brand, ensuring that the brand is consistently used, nurtured and protected across the confederation – including global brand strategy, reputation and risk management, and brand guidance for confederation development.
• Set direction and vision for the global internal and external communications network – to inspire around what’s possible and to drive forward in collaboration through global projects and in delivering high quality and impact.
• Lead, contribute to and/or provide support to global communications projects.
• Accompany new and priority countries, regions and affiliates in developing their brand and communications strategy and capacity.
• Act as a trusted advisor and support to the ACE Director, the OI Executive and wider Senior Leadership Teams, and, where required, to the Oxfam International Board, Executive Directors Forum, on internal and external communications.
• Ensure clear and realistic objective setting, project design and impact reporting of the Brand and Communications team, ensuring integration with cross department objectives and ways of working.
• Effectively and efficiently manage the Brand and Communications team budget.
• Manage the Head of Media, Content Manager, Brand and Audience Manager and Head of Internal Communications – provide support to set priorities, manage work/life balance and ensure personal development.
• Dotted management line to the Head of Digital Strategy.
• Make the Brand and Communications team a happy place to work, aligning with Oxfam’s desired culture and by fostering feminist leadership principles, more open and transparent ways of working and less hierarchical behaviours.
• Support the ACE Director in leading on reputational risk management.
• Oversee the development and management of a dashboard for measuring Public Engagement outcomes, which includes comms, digital and fundraising.
• Lead on the ACE public priority calendar and convene ACE wide meetings to set common priorities for public facing work.
• Provide functional direction and support re. comms and content priorities for the digital team and the Public Fundraising team.
• Act as ACE Director when required.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the link below