- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- Response Med is seeking to provide health professionals to deliver clinical services in UN facilities located in Somalia.
- Personnel shall deliver primary care & hospital level services, including emergency, surgical, diagnostic, intensive care & general hospital services.
- Personnel shall provide the services at the UN level 1+ health facility located in the UNSOS camp within the AAIA in Mogadishu & in sector health facilities, as & when required.
- Additionally, personnel may be to reinforce these AMISOM level 2 hospitals during emergency situations that severely stress facilities.
- The UN level 1+ health facility is a capability that was established in 2012 with the objective of providing emergency & primary health care for the UN international personnel in Somalia.
- The facility has since been supporting UNSOS, UNSOM & AMISOM FHQ personnel.
- Additionally, the facility is available to international personnel from other UN entities, diplomatic missions & UNSOS contracted vendors, on a cost recovery basis.
- Services may, on occasion, also be extended to the SNA.
The services shall be provided by the Dentist supported by a Dental Assistant & shall include but not be limited to:
- Preventative dentistry, including examination, cleaning & x-rays.
- Tooth extractions.
- Treatment of dental infections.
- Routine & temporary fillings & crowns.
- Stabilisation of dental fractures & other oral injuries before evacuation.
- Excluded services, include advanced prosthetics such as permanent crowns / veneers.
- Meeting with patients to discuss & treat dental concerns, performing regular cleanings & other preventative procedures & establish a plan for better dental hygiene.
- Performing dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals & filling cavities.
- Correcting bite issues & overcrowding of teeth.
- Applying helpful agents to teeth, such as sealants or whiteners.
- Prescribing medications for dental problems, such as pain medications or antibiotics.
- Giving clients sedatives or anesthesia prior to administering treatments.
- Using tools, such as drills, probes, brushes, or mirrors, to examine & treat teeth & mouth.
- Keeping records relating to the oral health of patients & the treatments given to them.
- This role reports to the line manager.
- A degree in Dentistry with a minimum of 3 years progressive post qualification clinical experience.
- Currently registered & licensed to practice medicine & apply specialty without supervision in own country or another UN member state.
- Able to work together as part of a team, maintain a safe, clean work environment.
- Superb documentation skills.
- Great verbal communication skills & able to explain complex medical terms simply.
- Fluency in written & spoken English.
- Interested in working in Somalila.
- English proficiency, a minimum of level B 2 is required.
- Team management experience is desired for this role.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- CTG is open to reviewing applications of both expats as well as Somali nationals for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website & apply for this role using the below link: