- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- Response Med is seeking to provide health professionals to deliver clinical services in UN facilities located in Somalia.
- Personnel shall deliver primary care & hospital level services, including emergency, surgical, diagnostic, intensive care & general hospital services.
- Personnel shall provide the services at the UN level 1+ health facility located in the UNSOS camp within the AAIA in Mogadishu & in sector health facilities, as & when required.
- Additionally, personnel may be to reinforce these AMISOM level 2 hospitals during emergency situations that severely stress facilities.
- The UN level 1+ health facility is a capability that was established in 2012 with the objective of providing emergency & primary health care for the UN international personnel in Somalia.
- The facility has since been supporting UNSOS, UNSOM & AMISOM FHQ personnel.
- Additionally, the facility is available to international personnel from other UN entities, diplomatic missions & UNSOS contracted vendors, on a cost recovery basis.
- Services may, on occasion, also be extended to the SNA.
- We are looking for a qualified Dental Assistant to provide community dentistry, dental health education & promotion of preventive health care services geared towards prevention of oral facial diseases, surveillance, control, diagnosis & treatment. Key responsibilities:
- Directly assist dentist during patient procedures using four handed delivery techniques.
- Sterilize & disinfect instruments & operations according to clinic protocols.
- Set up & clean up materials & equipment needed for dental procedures.
- Triage patients before consultation by the Dentist / Community Oral Officer.
- Accurately chart results of oral exam, as instructed by provider.
- Disinfection & packaging of impressions.
- Handle & dispose of infectious & hazardous waste according to clinic protocols.
- Perform oral hygiene instructions & education to patients.
- Perform maintenance, cleaning & testing of dental equipment as outlined in equipment & safety manual & radiation safety manual.
- Answer phone in dental clinic & screen calls, confirm appointments as needed.
- Inventory supplies & order replacement supplies & keep minimum of 25% stock levels.
- Be respectful & courteous to patients & co workers.
- Adhere to client confidentiality policy.
- Assisting in the construction of new dental appliances by selecting & setting up acrylic or porcelain teeth using dental wax, articulator & various waxing instruments according to the Dentist’s prescription.
- Repairing and/or relining existing full & / or partial dentures.
- Arranging & clasping teeth for new wire or cast chrome partials.
- Perform other duties within the scope of the position as assigned by the Head of Dental Department.
- This role reports to the line manager.
- Training as a dental nurse or dental assistance of not less than 12 months duration leading to the award of a Certificate or Diploma.
- A minimum of two years continuous post certification / diploma experience in a dental practice or hospital.
- English proficiency, a minimum of level B 2 is required.
- Preference / desire to live & work in Somalila.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- CTG is open to reviewing applications of both expats as well as Somali nationals for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in appliyng for this role need to register on CTG website & apply for this role using the below link: