American University of Afghanistan
Position Title: Database Developer
Reports To: MIS Manager
No of positions: One
Vacancy No: AF-N-05-2023
Vacancy close date: 30/03/2023
The Database Developer will be responsible for development and administration of database and information systems, troubleshooting technical problems, maintaining system security and generating reports.
The Database Developer shall apply necessary customizations and new developments on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central to align system features based on AUAF requirements and to develop new APIs for integrating with external applications.
The Database Developer shall ensure the smooth running of workflow and daily operations of implemented information systems. The Database Developer shall ensure that client’s expectations are met and quality services are provided. Having good communications and problem solving skills are the fundamental requirement..
Key outcomes include:
- Development of efficient information systems based on AUAF requirements and restructuring existing applications.
- Development and customizations on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central to align system feature based on AUAF requirements.
- Cooperate in implementation of new information systems and new deployments.
- Cooperate in development of integration tools and APIs between information systems.
- Effective information system administration services shall be provided to staff, faculty and students across AUAF*.*
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new databases and applications based on requirements and assist in restructuring of existing systems;
- Maintain and administrate existing information systems;
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including systems’ setup and configurations of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central;
- Apply necessary changes on existing reports of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and develop new reports based on requirements;
- Assist in systems implementation, operations and maintenance;
- Assist in code optimization process based on requirements;
- Develop required APIs for integrating third-party systems to create seamless dataflow;
- Provide technical supports to all needy destinations and diagnose all technical related issues;
- Assist in data analysis, reporting and dissemination processes;
- Monitor and apply off-site backup procedures;
- Ensure staffs remained trained and effective at using the information systems;
- Document programming guidelines, manuals and procedures;
- Submit periodic (monthly/ quarterly/ annual) progress reports to the Senior MIS Manager;
- Perform other relevant tasks assigned by Senior MIS Manager.
Required Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor in IT, Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Shall have at least 5 Years of relevant experience
- Extensive experience in design, development and implementation of complex database/information systems;
- Extensive experience in development and customizations on Microsoft Dynamics GP and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and creating required extensions.
- Extensive experience in development of integration tools and required APIs;
- Experience in Microsoft SQL including Reporting Services and Integration Services;
- Functional knowledge of financial systems will be an advantage;
- Relevant Microsoft Certification would be an asset;
- Strong knowledge of web programming languages (.NET, ASP.NET CORE, C#);
- Strong knowledge of Bootstrap and Angular JS;
- Strong knowledge of Data Analysis and Business Intelligence tools.
- High level of integrity and an evolved concept of responsibility and innovations
- Highly tuned problem-solving ability
- The incumbent shall be fluent in Dari, Pashto and English
- Shall have strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Shall have strong skills to work under pressure
- Shall have strong multi-tasking skills
- Shall be flexible to stay in the office beyond the office hours when and if required
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send as a single PDF document which includes: a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV), and contact information for three references to [email protected] Please include AF-N-05-2023-Database Developer in the subject line of the e-mail. Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If hired, the successful applicant is expected to provide official proof of academic degrees. AUAF does not charge recruitment fees to applicants. AUAF is an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. AUAF follows a strict non-discriminatory policy in its selection and employment practices. All applicants will receive equal consideration, and applicants from all ethnic, religious and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.