Voluntary Service Overseas
Role Title: Data and Insight Analyst
Job/Role Purpose: To ensure VSO is able to generate increased income from public fundraising by ensuring we have the capability to generate actionable insights from supporter communication.
- Develop and deliver dashboards using PowerBI to visualize business performance, including attrition, communications and supporter journey evaluations, trend reporting and supporter profile reports.
- Design and automate enhancements to existing dashboards.
- Aid in the design of segmentations, propensity models, Lifetime value calculations, the measurement of supporter engagement and similar, undertaking statistical analysis as appropriate and developing automated implementations.
- Produce time critical operational sales and attrition reports for Public Fundraising.
- Proactively communicate and share insights with internal and external stakeholders to ensure key findings are understood, meaningful and valued.
- Promote the use of analysis in aiding decision making.
- Develop and implement robust procedures and documentation that ensure business continuity.
- Support the Database Manager, and the team more widely, to ensure that our data architecture is fit for purpose in delivering robust insight.and in improving data quality.
- Effectively lead, motivate and train other members of the Data & Insight team (and other stakeholders) in building reporting and analysis skills.
- Experience of developing PowerBI reports from scratch.
- Substantial knowledge of database/ CRM / CDB systems such as Raiser’s Edge, Apteco Marketing Suite and Salesforce.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex analysis to non-technical colleagues.
- Experience of using reporting and analysis to influence senior fundraising colleagues and improve strategy.
- Knowledge of Python or SQL for data manipulation, reporting and analysis.
- Strong statistical and analytical skills.
- Experience of propensity modelling, use of SAS / SPSS software.
- Project Management skills.
- Knowledge of the principles of database marketing
How to apply