Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies
Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies (MEDS) is a faith-based health solutions provider founded by an ecumenical partnership of the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) and the Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK). The Organization’s core mandate is to provide reliable and affordable Health Products and Technologies, Quality Assurance and Health Systems Strengthening Services. MEDS was established in 1986 and serves clients spread all over Kenya, other regions in Africa and beyond.
The role will report to the Credit Control Manager and will be responsible for ensuring effective credit management, maintaining accurate records and providing reliable financial information.
- Research and evaluate clients’ creditworthiness in line with MEDS Credit Policy
- Enforce credit scoring criteria as per MEDS Credit Policy
- Manage debtors’ accounts in line with MEDS Credit Policy
- Monitor payments and allocate to client accounts as appropriate
- Manage debt settlements by following up with clients for timely debt settlement and negotiating repayment plans for overdue accounts.
- Ensure all credit advances follow the laid out procedures
- Develop, review and provide advice on organization credit policies
- Ensure strict adherence to internal controls in credit management processes including sales/revenue recognition, client account management, debit and credit notes, and receipting.
- Maintain credit records in an orderly manner
- Manage client relationships while collecting debts.
- Work with the Credit Control Manager to co-ordinate credit control activities and ensure efficiency in operations
- Work with contracted debt collectors to ensure that their activities as well as set targets are achieved
- Supervise Credit Control staff to ensure effective performance management and desired outcome
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business Administration or a business-related course with Credit Management certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA -K) or related course
- Member of ICPAK or related professional body
- Registered member of the Institute of Credit Management is an added advantage
- Clean driving licence with over 5 years of continuous driving experience
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in Credit Management, preferably in a Financial Institution, Fast Moving Goods sector, or Service sector. Having prior experience in a busy accounting office is an added advantage.
- Functional skills; Leadership skills; Communication skills; Negotiation skills; Report writing skills; analytical skills; Organisational skills; client relations skills
How to apply
If you fit this profile, kindly email your written application and CV to [email protected]
Deadline: 23 Feb 2024