Micro Enterprises Support Programme Trust
Micro Enterprises Support Programme Trust (MESPT) was established in 2002 by the Government of Kenya and the European Union. The EU later relinquished its position to the Royal Danish Embassy in Kenya, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark (DANIDA), through a Trust Deed of 2013.
The Trust is a development organization with a purpose to grow smallholder farmers and Agri SMEs to increase productivity and incomes and enhance competitiveness for job creation, especially for youth and women. This is achieved through capacity building which includes skills development, technical support, business advisory, financial and market linkages.
Our focus is to facilitate support and provision of integrated financial and business development services for smallholder farmers and Agri SMEs in Kenya. This aims to enable beneficiaries to access finance, increase agricultural productivity, agro-processing, and access markets/ trade opportunities. For over a decade, MESPT has partnered with development agencies, donors, and investors to build the capacity of the business services sector and the agricultural sector in Kenya through a unique tripartite business model that links Farmers, Agri- SMEs, and Financial Institutions – creating linkages along value chains.
We pride ourselves for successfully implementing 12 agriculture-based Programmes that have seen us facilitate creation of 70,000 decent jobs at various levels of the agriculture market systems. We have also cumulatively disbursed KES 6.4 billion to financial institutions and over 250,000 end users have accessed finance.
For more information kindly visit our website www.mespt.org
CREDIT AND BUSINES DEVELOPMENT INTERN POSITION
We are recruiting for a Credit & Business Development Intern to join our team. This opportunity is designed for students that would like to get practical experience in finance and credit administration. Hands on interaction with the MESPT credit and business development team will allow you the opportunity to work on analyzing credit packages, learn the basics of credit analyst work, record management and develop the skills to identify the various strengths and weaknesses of credits, development, and technical writing.
Title: Credit and Business Development Intern
Organization: Micro Enterprises Support Programme Trust (MESPT)
Department: Credit and Business Development
Position Reports to: Credit and Business Development Officer
Duty Station: Nairobi, Westlands
Benefits: Stipend as per MESPT Internship policy
Expected Travel: None
Terms: 3-month contract
Key Responsibilities and duties
By the supervision of Credit and Business development officer:
- Support credit officers in record management- physical, soft and security records.
- Support the credit officers in identifying records ready for archiving/destruction.
- Ensure proper storage of records received from clients in soft and hard copies.
- Maintain a record inventory of all physical and electronic records.
- Data collection and evaluation as per the covenants shared between MESPT and partners.
- Timely follow up M&E data with FIs.
- Analyzing the data per client, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Develop a consolidated data set for all clients.
- Support credit officers in data input of financial information to data analysis tool.
- Support credit department in review and enhancing financial and data analysis tools.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Experience in Ms Office Suite Products i.e., Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, OneDrive, Power BI, etc
- Experience in report writing will be an advantage.
- Familiarity in matters data and record management from previous internships, jobs, or employment would be highly advantageous.
- Not required to have professional work experience but those with professional experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Degree or Diploma in the fields of statistics, Monitoring, and evaluation, or equivalent.
- Positive, energetic self-starter with a high level of personal drive and resilience
- Willing to learn.
- Demonstrated integrity and of positive attitude.
How to apply
The application should contain:
- Brief Cover Letter stating interest in and qualifications for the post.
- Current CV.
- Please group all your documents into one single PDF document while sending the application.
Candidates who are selected must submit the following documents:
- Official document(s) confirming your education status.
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment but to complement an intern’s studies.
Qualified and interested candidates should send their application letter & CV (combined in one pdf document) to [email protected] with the subject line “Credit and Business Development Intern-HR/02/INT/2024”.
The applicant must legally be eligible to live and work full time in Kenya.
Please do not send certificates at this stage.
Deadline for applications 23rd February 2024 at 5.00 pm EAT.
MESPT is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to Gender, Equity and Diversity.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.