Vétérinaires Sans Frontières Germany
Department – Program
Country (ies) – South Sudan
Duty Station – Terekeke, Bor South, Magwi, Torit , Kajo Keji
Expected Start Date – 1st March, 2024
Duration of Contract – 12 months
Reporting to – Project Manager
Contract Type – This is a National Position
Vétérinaires Sans Frontières – Germany (VSF Germany) is a non-governmental, non-profit making international Organization, engaged in the field of veterinary relief and development work providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. With support in animal health, agriculture, marketing, and food safety, VSFG works towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities. VSF Germany implements activities in Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, Uganda and Somalia.
VSF Germany seeks to recruit a qualified and well experienced staff for the position of County Nutrition, Gender and Social Inclusion Officer to be based at VSF Germany office at the field location, South Sudan. The holder of this position will have an overall Nutrition, Gender and Social nclusion oversight for the project implemented in South Sudan Country Program under VSF Germany. The pay range for this position attracts a maximum of $1600 per month gross with placement determined by the level of experience as assessed during the recruitment process. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position will be assigned the following duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and ensure implementation of activities detailed in the Nutrition Strategy, Gender and Social Inclusion Strategy in the County, Payams and Boma.
- Support gender and social inclusion targeting expectations in all the project supported groups and activities.
- Ensure integration of targeted social inclusion dimensions in all thematic components of SSLRP in the county and write reports that reflect the same.
- Enhance capacity of SSLRP actors at the county level to enable women, youth and socially excluded groups to claim their rights.
- Monitor, inform and enable distribution of equitable benefit sharing by the target communities through public hearing, participation and public audits in the county.
- Conduct Payam and Boma visits to monitor Gender and Social Inclusion aspects in the SSLRP components that promote youth and women’s economic rights and independence and control over economic resources at the household level.
- Advocate participation of women, youth and marginalized groups in decision making processes, as well as management of natural resources at the community level through capacity building.
- Support nutrition mainstreaming in the project at the county level.
- Take lead in county quantitative and qualitative nutrition surveys (baseline, monitoring, evaluation and other arising situational reports) and ensure availability of accurate, comprehensive and updated nutrition related data timely gender disaggregated data in the reports for SSLRP project.
- Lead in ensuring all nutrition components of SSLRP are planned, implemented, as necessary to assist in contextualizing nutrition actions.
- Enhance efficient and effective capacity building on nutrition components in the group enterprises and value addition processes.
- Monitor and document nutritional behavior and nutritional status change in the beneficiaries at the county.
- Report challenges that could hinder seamless communication and implementation of nutrition components in the project.
Experience, skills and knowledge requirements
- The applicant should have minimum of a diploma in gender studies, nutrition. A higher qualification in gender studies / nutrition / nutrition and dietetics / public health would be an advantage.
- Have minimum 2 years’ experience in gender and social inclusion interventions / agriculture and nutrition.
- In-depth knowledge and sensitivity to South Sudan gender and nutrition cultural dynamics.
- Fluency in English language is compulsory and knowledge Juba Arabic is an asset.
- Verifiable strong report writing skills.
- Strong community-based communication, advocacy and networking skills.
- Proven ability to develop contextualized gender and social inclusion and nutritional messaging.
- Self-driven professional and able to work in multi-cultural rural environment with minimum facilitation.
- Uphold zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
Administratively, the position reports to the Project Manager
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter indicating current pay and CV plus 3 names of referees (one of them being their immediate supervisor) with their full contacts through: https://forms.gle/zhtmX1zvRrayR2JDA. Indicate the job Title ‘County Nutrition, Gender and Social Inclusion Officer’ on the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Closing date for receiving applications is 16th February 2024. VSF Germany is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
DON’T SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees, or recommendation letter as you will provide them up on request only. Make sure you also clearly state the job position on the cover of the envelop and or application letter.
Due to the urgency, assessments of the applications will be an ongoing basis as applications are received.
VSF Germany does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.