Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation. We work with enterprise and innovative brands like Ticketmaster, Levi’s, Microsoft, Airbnb, and Uber to help them manage all different types of partnerships. From social influencers, B2B, strategic partners, publishers, and traditional affiliates, we have them covered. Our combined suite of products covers the full life partnership lifecycle including onboarding, tracking ads and paying partners, recruiting for new partners, data and marketing intelligence, and protection from fraud. Founded in 2008 by the same team that founded Commission Junction, Impact has grown to over 6500 employees and eleven offices across the United States, Europe, Africa, and Asia.
Why this role is exciting!
Impact’s legal team is expanding to accommodate the company’s explosive business growth. Impact has expanded globally, as well as through acquisition. This is an opportune time to join on the commercial legal side – we are market leaders, we just completed a round of financing and our board and investors are looking to take the company public. This is a pre-IPO opportunity that will help make that IPO a reality.
What You Will Be Doing
This role will work cross-functionally with various teams throughout the company but mainly will focus on supporting our sales, customer success, customer support, accounting, tax, HR and operations teams. Corporate counsel are responsible for drafting and negotiating commercial agreements (using existing templates, improving templates, and third party paper), and for advising business teams as a partner in achieving the company’s objectives. You will also be responsible for protecting the company’s interests, and mitigating risk and liability, in areas such as confidential information, intellectual property, and revenue. This requires a lot of discretion, self-confidence, flexibility and adaptability.
Does this sound like you?
This role is perfect for an individual who gets excited about….
- drafting and negotiating commercial agreements with top brands (Fortune 100, top Internet companies);
- facilitating strategic relationships with Impact clients and for Impact clients;
- developing terms to support a new market – the partnership economy; and
- navigating continuously developing privacy regulations around the globe; and
- collaborating cross-functionally and developing new processes and procedures to support your internal clients.
You have experience managing the end-to-end negotiation of high dollar value, high visibility, complex commercial agreements, including sales agreements, brand marketing agreements, and strategic partnership agreements.
You are capable of balancing legal risk and our goals.
You see the glass as half full.
You have experience with ownership over internal programs and the ability to project manage across departments.
You partner with strategic business development teams from early term sheet conversations through deal close.
You are comfortable advising decision makers and take pride in ownership over projects.
Seeking 6-8 years of experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work hours
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Catered lunch every Friday, a healthy snack bar, and great coffee to keep you fueled ( *Based on offices re-opening)
- Flexible spending accounts and 401(k)
- An employee-led culture team that plans our happy hours, parties, and other events to celebrate our many successes
- An established company with a cool, high-velocity work ethos, where each person can make a difference!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.