Expertise France (EF) is a public agency created on 1st January 2015 and merging 6 French public agencies under the supervision of the French Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Economy and Finance, with a strong inter-ministerial vocation. EF offers program engineering and technical assistance by developing and implementing international cooperation actions worldwide. EF operates in various fields of development and institutional cooperation including safety and security reform, post-crisis/ stability, public health, human rights, strengthening of institutions and NGOs and governance.
Expertise France is hiring a Coordinator, to be based in Addis Ababa. He/she will be responsible for the general strategy and coordination of the Technical Support Unit (TSU), liaising with European Commission INTPA, Member States and development agencies.
The TSU will be jointly staffed by EF and GIZ colleagues. Day-to-day supervision will be by the coordinator (EF) and formal line management from the contracting organisation.
The Coordinator is responsible for the management, the implementation and the strategy of the TSU to European Commission INTPA, coordinating with Member States and development agencies at EU level as well as with African partners and oversee a consortium of GIZ and AFD to provide technical support to EU.
The main tasks entrusted to Coordinator are as follows:
- Coordination of the TSU
- Coordinate and lead the TSU team : M&E advisor, Partnerships and Communication Advisor and Administrator
- Ensure the successful establishment of the TSU and the implementation of its functions
- Review the quality of the documents and other outputs and ensure permanent quality improvement
- Coordinate and facilitate the partnership between the implementing agencies, the European Union, the partner institutions and countries where the activities are implemented
- Consolidates and validates the planning and monthly monitoring of the activities, together with with the M&E advisor and in line with EU requirements and in coordination with EF HQ Project Manager
- Ensure timely and appropriate communication and representation of the TSU together with the Communication advisor
- Responsible of the budget oversight of the TSU, together with the Administrator Organizes regular coordination meetings with European Commission INTPA, Member States and development agencies in line with the governance arrangements agreed for the TEI.
- Security in coordination
- Will strictly follow the security guidelines provided the Security Director of Expertise France in Paris
- Must provide EF Project Manager and Security Director, both based in Paris, with any relevant information likely to have an impact on Security and Safety management of staff, materials and facilities without delay.
- Master’s degree in project management, ideally with a qualification in public health or related fields (for example, international health policy; medical, environmental or veterinary science, or health systems).
- Experience in One Health approaches is a key asset.
- Successful experience of at least 10 years in coordinating development projects – previous experience in Africa, collaborating with African institutions on relevant topics, and in EU projects would be a distinct advantage
- Proven experience in managing international and national experts;
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamentals of project management and project cycle;
- Good knowledge of cooperation mechanisms, official development assistance, international cooperation actors – especially in the African context
- Proven ability to cooperate and negotiate with local and institutional partners as well as government representatives.
- Analytical and synthesis skills;
- Initiative, autonomy and responsiveness;
- Adaptability, sense of organization and rigor;
- Ability to communicate, coordinate and work in a team and build trusting relationships with a wide range of different partners at different levels;
- Sense of diplomacy, capacity for representation; Relational ease
- Excellent knowledge of office tools, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and oral) French and German in addition would be a distinct advantage
How to apply
To apply please click on the following link :
To apply for this job please visit reliefweb.int.