Are you a socially conscious individual, a good communicator and a critical thinker? Do you have experience leading teams of volunteers from diverse backgrounds? Do you have experience empowering people facing adverse conditions through meaningful work? BRF is looking for a Coordinator Support Teams for its programmes on Lesvos.
Where will you work?
Boat Refugee Foundation provides medical and psychosocial support and stands up for the rights of people seeking refuge. We take action where systems become inhumane and compassion is lost. Since 2015, we have been working in various locations at the borders of Europe. There our teams, which largely rely on volunteers, provide medical and psychosocial support.
What will you do?
As the Coordinator Support Teams, you act as the bridge between the medical, MHPSS and support teams for the programmes on Lesvos. The Coordinator Support Teams line manages the support team consisting of interpreters and support crew. In addition, you are the point of contact for training on and implementation of the Code of Conduct & Safeguarding principles as well as welcoming and onboarding all incoming volunteer professionals.
The Coordinator is part of the coordination team on Lesvos which consists of an Area Manager, Medical Coordinator, MHPSS Coordinator and the Financial & Logistics Officer. In addition, you will work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator in the Netherlands.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Managing the support team, including recruitment and selection. Following their performance, wellbeing and providing the necessary resources for professional development.
- First point of contact for trainings, team building activities, evaluation and weekly feedback meetings.
- Liaising between the support team and medical/MHPSS teams and ensuring that all medical and MHPSS activities receive appropriate support.
- Maintaining constructive dynamics and communication between volunteers and coordinators team.
- Responsible for the onboarding, induction and general briefing of all new volunteer professionals.
- Information provision, briefing, (cultural awareness) training and of the content of BRFs Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Handbook.
- Taking necessary actions to ensure that all interpreters and volunteer professionals adhere to the Code of Conduct and Safeguarding principles and that the designated procedures in cases of breach are followed.
- Together with the coordination team, keeping track of incoming volunteers with the Volunteer Coordinator in the Netherlands.
- External representation at stakeholder meetings and working groups.
Who are we looking for?
- A bachelor’s level degree in social sciences, anthropology, cultural studies or other relevant degree.
- At least two years of experience in management and supervision of volunteers in the humanitarian field
- Experience in leading a multicultural team is essential.
- Experience in the (Greek) migration context and/or a fast-changing, fragile setting is an advantage
- Experience in the humanitarian aid sector, preferably experience with safeguarding and/or protection work
- Excellent spoken and written English. Speaking Farsi, Arabic, Amharic or French is an advantage.
- Experience in conducting trainings to various audiences.
- Clear communication skills
- Strong administrative skills and can work well with Excel, Word, Gmail and Google Drive.
- In possession of a driving licence B is essential
- Due to the international labour, tax and social law guidelines, applicants already must be in possession of an EU nationality or have the right to work and live in an EU country.
What do we offer you?
● A temporary full time contract for nine months. An extension after this period is possible, with a maximum commitment of 12 months in total. Your contract will be a freelance agreement/self employment contract. The monthly remuneration for this position is € 2.613,-.
● An allowance for cost of living
● An allowance for your flight to and from Lesvos at the start and end of your contract
● (Shared) rental car + fuel
How to apply
Does this position appeal to you? And are you available for at least nine months from May 2024? Then please apply before February 28th, 2024 using the form below. We would like to receive your motivation and CV in English.
Checking references is a part of our recruitment process, as are making a case study and (if needed) an assessment. Therefore we ask you to include the contact details of two references. For more information about this position, please email [email protected]
First interviews will be held on 6 and 7 March 2024.
We look forward to your response!
Deadline: 28 Feb 2024