Institute for Strategic Dialogue
ISD is seeking a bilingual (English/French) coordinator to support consistent, coordinated and strategic engagement with current and future Strong Cities Network (SCN) members. The postholder will coordinate between the management unit and regional hub staff to ensure a smooth flow of information and the proactive identification of opportunities between the management unit, Network members and relevant stakeholders, but also between cities themselves. The role may include some limited support (as required) for SCN’s programmatic engagements at the regional and global levels, but the focus of this role will be supporting network and membership outreach.
The post holder will have strong communications, administrative and organisational skills. They will bring energy to the role and responsibilities and possess a strong work ethic and attention to detail. The postholder will be fluent in both English and French. Fluency in other languages (specifically Arabic) would be advantageous.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing day to day communication with SCN Members and partners, responding to questions and engaging them in upcoming events and activities.
- Organising and attending regular meetings, capturing key actions points.
- Actively updating and managing the SCN’s CRM (contacts database), supporting its development to inform SCN planning.
- Provide logistical and other support to enable member cities to participate in SCN events.
- Support the development of manuals, toolkits, guides and reports as required.
To view a full job description, click here.
Candidates must have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, human rights, political science, security, law, diplomacy, public policy or relevant experience.
- Essential knowledge of key security and governance challenges affecting communities, with a specific focus on extremism, hate and polarisation.
- Strong experience and capability in supporting peacebuilding/ preventing violent extremism/ social cohesion programmes/capacity-building with a range of stakeholders.
- Native or professional working proficiency in English and French
- Highly organised with the ability to be flexible, multi-task and respond proactively
- Ability to travel, for scheduled and ad hoc activities and meetings
How to apply
Please submit your application on ISD’s Career’s page by Tuesday 1st November @ 09:00 GMT including your CV/resume and a one-page cover letter outlining your experience and motivation. ISD reserves the right to interview and appoint candidates prior to the advertised closing date.