Save the Children
Internal/External Vacancy for Consortium Information Management Coordinator
LOCATION: Addis Ababa
CONTRACT LENGTH – 10 months
Level 1: the role holder will not have contact with children and/or young people, or access to personal data about children or young people, as part of their work; therefore a police check will not be mandatory unless the content or location of the role changes, in which case the Child Safeguarding level will be reviewed
ROLE PURPOSE: Provides technical support for the ECHO North Response Consortium team in handling of IT related tasks including graphics design, able to prepare reports from the existing project management Systems. The Role holder should have analytical skill that helps incorporate visualizations line graphs to be presented at higher management levels for decisions making, management of ECHO Northern Response Consortium data base.
Ensure quality of the data, define SoP to ensure clear management and availability of data within and among partners, perform analysis either simple descriptive or crossed analysis, ensure the consortium is aware of new or updated external data becomes available and keep strong ties with external stakeholder, ensure data sharing among consortium members.
The Post holder will be tasked to support the program team in producing graphics design using the data collects from the consortium partners, collating and preparing all project related documentation and reports database, creation and data analysis, providing a firm foundation for the data management, design and develop database systems, provide guidance to ECHO Northern response consortium team on database Work very closely with ECHO Northern response MEAL team to produce high quality reports supported by graphics design.
Also he/she will be tasked for the execution and management of ECHO NORTHERN RESPONSE CONSORTIUM central warehouse and field preposition store’s inventory transactions including receiving, storing, dispatching, reporting and stock management.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: ECHO NORTHERN Consortium MEAL Manager.
Dimensions: ECHO NORTHERN RESPONSE CONSORTIUM works in three regions in North Ethiopia through seven member agencies:
Number of direct reports: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Working with each key group of the consortium to identify, extract and formalize the information they need from the available data
- Engage regularly with each group to identify their needs in terms of data and analysis.
- Support each TWG in developing a narrative based on the data available and evidence based analysis.
- Provide partners with an integrated analysis triangulating all the databases to have better understanding on the “big picture” of context and operations.
- Analyze the consolidated consortium outputs (all components) to respond to reporting needs and specific requests from partners.
- Support partners willing to produce analytical maps/reports for advocacy and representation purpose
Managing and Improving the IMS in place and running at Consortium level allowing for further processing and analysis of data
- Further improve and develop the architecture of the Consortium setting-up systems allowing for the information and related analysis to be generated on a regular and, as much as possible, automatic basis IMS.
- Organize and ensure regular updates of the consortium IMS.
Institutional Knowledge Building:
- Document lessons learned, processes, best cases and quick-win solutions on the Integrated Multi-sector response on the basis of the experiences acquired by the Consortium
- Capitalize and document different approaches and methodologies for collecting data and analyse it.
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed.
- Formulating management techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Keep and system produced /printed out documents for reference.
- Have up to date inventory records to ensure smooth auditing processes;
- Support in ensuring that audit recommendations (internal and external) are implemented
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc degree in IT, graphics design, accounting or supplies management with five years related experience
- Experience in Data processing through IT software system applications, graphics design, prepared reports from the existing Web-Based System especially in warehouse portal system applications
- Good written and spoken English knowledge
- A good team player
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the children’s aims, values and principles
- A commitment to children’s rights and principles of equal opportunity.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- A high level of computer literacy (word, excel, web base management, warehouse system soft wares, etc)
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en#
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Zi50ZXMuNjMxODkuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t