- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- Our client is undertaking a 3 year project that aims to improve basic living conditions for returnees in the liberated rural areas of Al-Anbar governorate through the rehabilitation of up to 1,000 housing units & restoration of decentralized services.
- The decentralized services component will entail the provision of solar street lighting, the rehabilitation of selected community roads & of water and sanitation networks & / or stations.
- When feasible, the rehabilitated housing units will be connected to the restored decentralized services taking into consideration the whole neighborhood.
- The rehabilitation of housing & basic services will be guided by a needs based approach.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager (PM), the Community Mobilization Officer will be responsible for, but not limited to the following functions & responsibilities:
- Contribute to the gender sensitive communication & stakeholder engagement plan identify & engage with potential project beneficiaries.
- Conduct household assessments.
- Provide support to the Monitoring & Reporting Officer in compilation of the project’s beneficiary database through analyzing the collected information from the projects locations, preparation of summaries & briefing notes.
- Handle the hotline & insert feedback received in GRM database.
- Maintain awareness in the communities on project goals, GRM as well as HLP rights (f.e. compensation, alternative ownership proof etc) through various activities in liaison with the PM & other stakeholders.
- Liaise with municipality directorate on the selection of targeted area for projects implementation.
- Undertake regular site visits to the project sites independently or together with the PM & the project team.
- Maintain close & effective collaboration with all key stakeholders & ensure their active participation in all project activities & committees.
- Ensure community participation includes the most vulnerable & marginalized groups.
Data management tasks:
- Contribute to the data collection process through the monitoring & reporting tools & perform regular investigation surveys through our clients tools.
- Maintain records, compile periodic reports & any specific reports required by our clients standard procedures.
- Organize folders & files on network or computer & upload, download, copy or move photos & files.
- Ability to analyze, interpret & organize large amounts of data & ensure regular & timely reporting of problems, potential delays or risks to project implementation to the relevant supervisor.
- This role works under the direct supervision of the Project Manager (PM).
- Bachelor Degree preferably in Business Administration, Project Management, Business Administration, Management, International Relations, Engineering, Social Studies or other related field is an advantage.
- 6 years of work experience is required.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in supporting project implementation & / or coordination in either public or private sector organization is required.
- Previous experience in supporting project mobilization & community engagement is required.
- Working experience in a project based environment is required.
- Experience with international organization(s) & / or UN agencies is an asset.
- Proficiency with computers in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Internet, MS Project & other related software to the position field of expertise.
- Positive attitude & good analytical, interpersonal & communication skills.
- Ability to develop clear goals & work well under tight deadlines & handle multiple concurrent activities.
- Commitment, efficiency, flexibility & willingness to work in a highly motivated team of professionals.
- Ability to adapt to a difficult working environment, under pressure & with limited timeframes & to exercise initiative & resourcefulness necessary for prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Ability to travel to & within Iraq’s governorates.
- Understands & respects our clients sustainability principles.
- Look for ways to embed our clients sustainability principles in day to day project management.
- Seek opportunities to champion gender equality at workplace.
- Champions & communicate project’s sustainability aspects with key stakeholders.
- Understands & respects national ownership & capacity.
- Understands the principless of the Paris declaration on aid effectiveness & mainstream them into the project plans.
- Seeks opportunities to recruit qualified local staff.
- Looks for ways to build capacity of local counterparts.
- Understands the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNSDCF) & our clients contribution of the project to the UNSDCF.
- Strives to build strong partnerships & effective coordination among relevant project actors (e.g. UN, govt’s & NGO’s or other relevant partners).
- Accountability for results & the use of resources.
- The project management processes are designed to deliver maximum accountability, transparency & results.
- If a project or processes is not in line with this, it is the responsibility of the PM to raise the issue to the supervisor.
- Contribute to innovation & the adaptation of best practice standards of sustainability & quality.
- Record management.
- Progress measurement & development.
- Support services.
- Word processing, spreadsheets.
- Multistage reporting.
- Quality control.
- Procurement administration.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using the below link: