GOAL is an international, non-governmental organisation (INGO), with a 45-year history of responding to many of the world’s most significant humanitarian crises in the hardest to reach contexts, working with communities to overcome the impacts of crisis, poverty and exclusion but also assisting those communities to build their longer-term resilience to future crisis-related shocks and stresses.
GOAL’s Vision: GOAL envisions a world beyond humanitarian crises where poverty no longer exists, where vulnerable communities exposed to shocks and stresses are resilient, where barriers to well-being are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities.
GOAL’s Mission: GOAL works with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and overcome humanitarian crises, and to assist those facing poverty and exclusion achieve greater resilience and well-being.
How we work: GOAL believes that if the inherent capacities of vulnerable people are developed, the systems in which they live and work are strengthened, and positive global action is catalysed, then communities facing crisis, poverty, and exclusion will achieve greater resilience and well-being.
Community Fundraising and Events Manager
An important role within the Fundraising department, the Community Fundraising and Events Manager will be responsible for driving growth of GOAL’s events and community fundraising portfolio.
- Develop and implement GOAL’s community fundraising and events strategy.
- Responsibility for the long term development of GOAL’s flagship events. This includes GOAL Mile, Jersey Day, GOAL Ball and Corporate Cycle.
- Management of GOAL’s events and community fundraising team and a national network of 200+ volunteers.
- Development of campaign communications to drive awareness and recruitment using a range of channels including digital, print and direct mail.
- Identify ways to maximise income based on previous experience / learnings and look for new ideas to support income generation.
- Build strong relationships with external partners and suppliers to deliver high quality campaigns.
- Develop new channels and income streams including digital, major donors and corporate sponsors.
- Ensure key corporate partners are managed effectively across the activation and delivery of events.
- Conduct campaign reviews to ascertain ROI & feed learnings into future plans.
- Regularly monitor and report on relevant campaign KPIs such as Income, Engagement and Reach.
- Responsibility for quarterly reporting of fundraising KPIs to senior management and fundraising advisory board.
Person Specification – Requirements
- Five years + experience in fundraising/marketing/sales including strong event management, campaign management and fundraising growth, with proven ability to reach fundraising goals.
- Ability to manage projects with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized with ability to work under pressure, prioritise and multi-task.
- The successful candidate will need to show reasonable flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to meet the needs of the work. Excellent organisational / project management skills to deliver a fully integrated campaign.
- Creativity and innovation in the development and implementation of marketing planning.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to travel when required to community fundraising meetings across Ireland/N.Ireland.
- Flexibility to work occasionally outside normal working hours to attend special events, volunteer meetings and other events.
- Experience in national charity fundraising campaigns will be particularly valued.
How to apply
Please Apply Here
To apply for this job please visit reliefweb.int.