Management Systems International
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com..
USAID/Guinea intends to support activities to expand a culture of lawfulness and respect for human rights, as well as awareness of rights afforded under Guinea law and international treaties. Through this five-year program, USAID will improve access to justice for all people, address root causes of delays in justice, improve prosecution systems and increase citizen trust in the justice system. Human rights will be targeted particularly through awareness raising, inclusion in activities, and civil society engagement.
MSI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to serve as the senior-most in-country project representative and lead the technical and operational aspects of the activity. They will provide expertise to ensure effective implementation of all project activities. This will be a full-time position based in Guinea. This position is contingent upon award.
**Please note: Guinean citizens are highly encouraged to apply**
- Provide overall vision and technical leadership for the program design, delivery and management of judiciary services to improve access to a more efficient, effective and competent justice sector and human rights.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID/Guinea about day-to-day activity implementation and management matters relating to the contract.
- Lead coordination and communication with Guinean stakeholders, and form a network amongst justice sector institutions, universities, journalists, civil society, other donors and implementing partners.
- Oversee work planning, performance management, data collection, quality assurance and quality control methods, budgetary control, and responsiveness of technical assistance to ensure compliance with USAID regulations.
- Supervise field technical and administrative staff, as well as partner organizations.
- Advanced degree in law, governance, public administration, public policy, international development or other relevant field.
- Eight (8) to Ten (10) years of professional experience in justice or prosecution system reform, Rule of Law or access to Justice, with some experience in developing countries.
- Demonstrated capability to develop solid working relationships with a broad range of high-level counterparts, including government institutions, justice sector stakeholders, private sector and civil society partners.
- Relevant experience and appropriate level of expertise in the anticipated programmatic areas:
- rule of law
- judicial reform
- access to justice
- human rights protection
- criminal prosecution
- Competency with data collection, analysis and learning, specifically pertaining to justice needs and institutional performance.
- Prior experience supervising large teams on donor-funded projects of similar size and scope, preferably funded by USAID.
- Strong interpersonal, supervision, and written/oral communication skills.
- Working proficiency is French is required.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
How to apply
To apply: Please visit our website, Chief of Party, USAID/Guinea Rule of Law and Access to Justice (ROLAJ) Activity, Guinea – Tetra Tech Careers (selectminds.com)
Deadline: 5 Apr 2024