Save the Children
CHIEF OF PARTY MALARIA PROJECT – DIRECTEUR DE PROJET PALUDISME – CÔTE D’IVOIRE COUNTRY OFFICE ABIDJAN: Recruitment’s notice
The Chief of Party of the Global Fund Malaria project is responsible for the delivery, performance and management of the Malaria project from the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM), commonly known as the “Global Fund”. Save the Children serves as Principal Recipient for the Malaria project in Cote d’Ivoire, with an annual budget of c. $ 15 million.
The project is a performance-based and is delivered through sub-grants to 6 Sub-Recipients (SRs), both local and International NGOs. The project also includes significant international pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical and health product procurement. The Global Fund project Chief of Party has overall responsibility for ensuring that; (1) a high quality project is delivered and performance targets are met; (2) contractual obligations, including effective budget management, are met in a timely and cost-effective manner; (3) sub-grants to the sub-recipients are well managed; (4) Save the Children as Principal Recipient performs as an excellent partner with other stakeholders in Cote d’Ivoire and the donor; (5) the impact of the project on the health outcomes of children is clearly tracked; and (5) that the Global Fund project is appropriately integrated within the overall Save the Children Cote d’Ivoire’s Country Program and Strategy. The incumbent has significant representational responsibilities toward the Global Fund, Local Fund Agent, Public sector co-PR and other key government, UN and non-governmental stakeholders, as well as ensuring effective coordination with stakeholders.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 8 10 years of experience in international health development/humanitarian work, with a minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in a senior management position with significant supervisory responsibility.
- A proven track record of managing large, complex, multi-partner projects, with GFATM experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in financial and grants management, including sub-grant management, and budget and procurement control.
- Experience in, and in depth knowledge of, Cote d’Ivoire (The health system and Malaria program), of advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to lead, motivate, and inspire the GFATM Malaria project Team.
- Ability to develop and foster relationships both with GFATM partners and peers and Save the Children colleagues, advisers, and supervisors.
- Provide leadership and technical advice to ensure delivery of a high quality project and achievement of objectives
- Ensure Contractual Compliance
- Ensure Representation and Networking
- Coordinate and Harmonize project Delivery with overall Save the Children Cote d’Ivoire Country Office Portfolio
- Excellent skills in report writing and proposal development.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with experience in cross-cultural settings.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to plan strategically
Contract length : 12 Months renewable, CDI possible.
We employ around 25,000 people worldwide and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises or those in need of better healthcare, education and child protection. . We also campaign and advocate at the highest level, to realize children’s rights and to make their voices heard
We are working on three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children have a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We understand that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, as well as a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity and integrity are highly valued
How to apply?
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter in a single document, also mentioning your current salary and your salary expectations for this position. A full version of the job description can be found below
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4wODU4MS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20