Tetra Tech International Development (International Development Jobs – Tetra Tech) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Chief of Party position on a USAID-funded anticipated Feed the Future Flagship Agriculture Activity program in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. This position will be based in Kinshasa. The position is contingent upon the activity’s award and USAID approval.
Position Description: This anticipated activity will focus on the development of resilient agriculture and food market systems that support the accessibility and consumption of safe and nutritious food in the DRC Feed the Future Zone of Influence (ZOI). The likely ZOI is expected to be Kasai Central and Kongo Central in Western and Central DRC. The Chief of Party (COP) will be the primary point of contact in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) for contractual and substantive matters related to this Activity and is ultimately responsible for all contract management and implementation. The COP will be the primary liaison with USAID/DRC on technical matters and must adjust activities and operations in response to USAID/DRC technical direction. The Chief of Party will be the focal point for administrative and technical relations with the Government of the DR Congo. The COP will also be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award.
* Provide overall leadership, management, and general technical direction of the entire project.
* Ensure an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the project award and the project monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) plan.
* Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and suggesting appropriate adjustments or solutions.
* Serve as a primary advocate for critical cross cutting issues within the project, including gender equity, youth empowerment and social inclusion (GYSI), climate change and private sector engagement (PSE).
* Ensure compliance with USAID and Tetra Tech rules and regulations, including those related to ethical code of conduct and diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI).
* Represent the project to external stakeholders, maintaining positive and productive relationships with USAID implementing partners, host government and private sector stakeholders.
* Minimum master’s degree in international development, rural development, agriculture, business, or another relevant field.
* Minimum ten (10) years of relevant, senior-level professional experience managing and implementing agricultural or food market systems related projects to foster economic development.
* At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience managing and supervising staff and creating effective teams.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the private sector, youth organizations/representatives, government officials, donors, and other stakeholders.
* Demonstrated and credible experience in successfully managing complex multimillion dollar activities funded by USAID or other donor funded development activities.
* Fluent English and French written and oral communication skills.
* Willingness and ability to travel to remote locations in a difficult operating environment (up to 25% time).
* Creative problem solver, innovator, adaptive manager and culturally sensitive.
* Demonstrated capacity to use advanced IT products and packages.
* Demonstrated experience working in the DRC or a similar context is highly desired.
* Congolese nationals, women strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover Letter
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide helpful and reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.
Deadline: 11 Mar 2024