Tetra Tech International Development (International Development Jobs – Tetra Tech) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Chief of Party (COP) position on a United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded anticipated Food Security Activity in Armenia. This position will be based in Armenia. The position is contingent upon the activity’s award and USAID approval.
Position Description: The anticipated five-year USAID/Armenia Food Security Activity seeks to increase domestic production of critical agricultural value chains to increase food security and reduce dependence on imports. The Chief of Party will be responsible for providing technical leadership and administrative oversight to the activity, managing technical initiatives and staff to ensure that the project proceeds effectively and meets its targets.
* Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID/Armenia regarding day-to-day implementation and program management.
* Ensure quality control, appropriateness, and overall responsiveness of all activities performed under the contract, whether by long- or short-term advisors, subcontractors, or other partners.
* Provide strategic leadership, vision, and direction for the activity; strategic planning, including timely preparation of the reports and work plans.
* Mentor activity staff, sub-awardees, and consultants to achieve expected results.
* Ensure high-quality standards of technical assistance and support to Armenian stakeholders and partners.
* Manage program communications with USAID, key stakeholders, and the public.
* Ensure compliance with USAID, U.S. Government, and Government of Armenia laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
* Other tasks as required to achieve the program Objectives and Key Results.
* A master’s degree or equivalent is preferred, in a relevant field such as economics, agriculture, agronomy, agricultural extension or education, public administration, disaster/emergency management, or natural resource management.
* At least 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience in the implementation and management of comparable food security and agriculture, resilience, climate change or related programming.
* At least five years of senior management experience on donor-funded programs and a strong track record of building and maintaining strong, multi-disciplinary teams.
* Prior experience supporting initiatives in agriculture and food security, climate smart agriculture, market systems, agricultural development, risk management, value chain strengthening, inclusive agriculture, youth engagement in agriculture, or related technical focus.
* Experience working with international donors in Armenia or Eurasia an advantage.
* Direct experience with USAID program management and implementation highly desired.
* Proven experience effectively working and building strong relationships with a broad range of counterparts and stakeholders, including government officials, private sector actors, and other donors.
* Strong communication skills, including interpersonal and written and oral English and Russian.
* Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
* Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover Letter
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide helpful and reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.
Deadline: 11 Mar 2024