Merrimack Valley YMCA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Chief Development and Marketing Officer at the Merrimack Valley YMCA serves on the CEO’s senior leadership team and provides high level strategic leadership in financial development, marketing and communications to advance the YMCAs mission. The Chief Financial Development and Marketing Officer assists the CEO in developing an actively engaged fundraising volunteer board of directors and positions the Y as a community convener and collaborator to address critical social issues.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Develops organizational goals and strategic plans for fundraising, marketing and communications balancing long-term direction and short-term requirements. Develops systems and manages resources, including the financial development and marketing budgets, needed to carry out the fundraising and marketing plans. Develops appropriate fundraising and marketing policies and procedures for the
- Responsible for the hiring, training, development and supervision of a high quality Philanthropy and Marketing Staff Team.
- Develops processes and is actively involved in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gift prospects. Maintains database resource file on top community leaders.
- Directs and coordinates association capital development, annual campaign, special events and endowment programs.
- Directs and coordinates writing of proposals for grants from government sources and private foundations.
- Actively engages the board in challenging conversations and decision making to advance the Y’s impact when serving as the primary staff liaison to the Philanthropy Committee and other assigned committees on the Board of Directors. Develops strategies to increase volunteer involvement at all levels of financial development.
- Tracks all gifts and pledges by source and purpose and provides reports as needed.
- Provides training in fundraising. Educates, motivates and provides feedback to individuals related to best practices in the fundraising process.
- Creates and implements effective communication strategies with compelling messages that inspire others to accomplish the mission and cause with maximum impact. Develops communication plans to ensure members, participants, and the community understand the case for support.
- Establishes contacts and develops relationships with media representatives and directs team in submission of press releases and communication with media.
- Develop and execute distinctive brand positioning and familiarity, attracting new supporters for Y’s cause. Insuring Y-USA Branding Compliance.
- Establishes a best in class web presence that drives membership, program participation, donations and volunteers.
- Represents the CEO in the community as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Communication & Influence
- Program/Project Management
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent; Master’s degree preferred.
· YMCA Organizational Leader certification preferred.
· Eight or more years of professional experience with a background in fundraising and marketing in the YMCA or another non-profit preferred.
· Ability to relate to top community leaders and diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
· Working knowledge of giving and charitable vehicles.
· Ability to create interpretive materials to enable potential donors to understand the YMCA and how they contribute to the achievement of its mission.
· Knowledge of the media and its use in gaining exposure for YMCA events and programs.
· Strong interpersonal, public relations and communication skill, including the ability to make presentations and handle media inquiries.
· Knowledge of foundation and government grant sources.
· CFRE or equivalent preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
· The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.