International Organization for Migration
Nature of the consultancy: IM and Reporting Consultant / Information Management and Reporting Services to IOM’s DTM Programme
Project Context and Scope:
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) is a system to track and monitor displacement and population mobility, and is designed to regularly and systematically capture, process and disseminate information providing a better understanding of the movements and evolving needs of displaced populations, whether on-site or enroute. In recent years DTM has become increasingly recognized as the primary source of displacement and migration data and information sources at country, regional and global levels. As a result of its worldwide presence, flexibility, and interoperability, DTM is now being implemented in Pakistan.
Organizational Department / Unit to which the Consultant is contributing:
The Consultant will be contributing to IOM’s Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) programme. One of the core functions of DTM is data collection targeting various types of mobile populations and communities living with them through various methods such as face-to-face and/or telephonic interviews. Several enumerators and field coordination assistants will be assigned to conduct data collection and coordinate the effort at the field level. In order to have smooth and well-coordinated implementation, IOM requires a Project Operations Assistant to assist the National Project Officer in the planning, coordination, and execution of strategies for the collection, analysis, and dissemination of data concerning TDPs (Temporarily Displaced Persons), as well as national and international migrants.
Tasks to be performed under this contract:
- Under the overall supervision of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Programme Manager in IOM Pakistan, the incumbent will be supporting the implementation of the IOM DTM programme in Pakistan, including:
- Support with the implementation of DTM activities in Pakistan including but not limited to; DTM Baseline Mobility Assessments, DTM Community Needs Assessments, DTM Flow Monitoring, DTM Thematic Surveys.
- Support with DTM data analysis and reporting, including (but not limited to) the development of DTM analytical reports, dashboards and sitreps.
- Contribute to cross-sectoral and thematic analyses of interest to IOM and partners, including on human mobility in the context of climate change, migrant protection, vulnerabilities, and needs.
- Actively participate in the process of generating visualizations products such as interactive dashboards, maps, charts, and infographics that show findings, summarized and customized information to present to management, advocacy teams, other organization\’s departments, donors, and for data quality control.
- Design and develop DTM forms, using KOBO Toolbox and participate in the revision of the tools.
- Support the unit in determining operational feasibility of new software requirements and implement solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Support the development and implementation of software development Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on establishing source control, continuous integration, deployment, and issue tracking.
- Monitor the quality of collected data, provide feedback regarding any inconsistencies, and support data cleaning and analysis as needed.
- Recommend areas for improvements and propose solutions to improve data collection, effectiveness, and efficiency of the methodology and the processes to maximize performance and contextualization of DTM field activities.
- Support back-up and organization of all data and information sources (hard copy, soft copy).
- Support with the development and implementation of trainings and workshops to DTM staff, enumerators and external partners where needed, and this includes sessions on DTM’s methodology and assessment tools, data processing protocols, data protection principles, definitions etc.
- Ensure the integration of gender perspectives and attention to specific women/girls and children’s rights issues (vulnerable groups) within all DTM activities.
- Ensure operational implementation compliance with IOM Data Protection Policy, IOM Data Governance Policy, IASC Operational Guidance on Data Responsibility in Humanitarian Action, and the ethical consideration on humanitarian data operations.
- In coordination with the DTM Programme Manager, liaise with relevant authorities, UN agencies, NGOs, think tanks, government authorities, and other stakeholders on issues relevant to DTM projects. Participate in relevant meetings where assigned.
- Perform other duties such as assigned by the direct supervisor.
Performance indicators for the evaluation of results:
1. Number of reports edited or finalized.
a. Target: 10 reports for 6 months
2. Number of databases maintained and improved for accuracy and completeness.
a. Target: 2 databases for 6 months
3. Number of data collection tools developed.
a. Target: 2 data collection tools developed for 6 months
Education, Experience and/or skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution, preferably in Public Relation, Social Sciences, or relevant fields
- Master’s degree in relevant subjects is an advantage.
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience.
- Prior experience in coordination of the field teams, preferably for research and data collection.
- Experience with data collection and verification.
- Experience working in the same local context.
- Experience working with local government representatives.
- Prior experience working for UN agency or international organization is an advantage
- The ability to plan and coordinate activities effectively, especially in data collection and analysis.
- Practical experience of how-to multi-task prioritize and work independently.
- Basic data cleaning and verification skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for interaction with various stakeholders and documentation.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines
Travel to Islamabad, Pakistan preferred, with the option for periods of working from home station whilst awaiting visa (renewal).
Only short-listed candidates who are matching required criteria for the consultancy will be contacted by IOM.
IOM provides equal opportunity to all qualified female and male including the physically challenged candidates.
How to apply
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS:
Method of Application:
Interested Candidates are invited to submit your application by 11th February 2024 through e-mail to: [email protected] mentioning the “Call for Applications, IM and Reporting Consultant” in subject line. Please keep the attachment size under 9 MB.
The application should be written in English.
Applications should include:
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. No late applications will be accepted.
From 25.01.2024 to 11.02.2024