International Rescue Committee
Job Overview: The Case Aide provides direct logistical support to facilitate the resettlement of newly arrived refugee individuals and families. This is a 6-month full-time role that reports to the Logistics Manager. Duties include transportation of clients, provision of interpretation services, and completion of administrative tasks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Transport clients to appointments and deliver goods and supplies to them
- Pick up newly arriving refugee clients from the airport and take them to their homes; provide basic home safety orientation and provide welcome food to them upon arrival
- Conduct public transportation orientations
- Provide interpretation services for refugee clients and IRC staff
- Support the IRC’s efforts to connect clients with appropriate services
- Coordinate with the Logistics team to ensure temporary and permanent housing arrangements for clients
- Report information and updates about clients to the Logistics Manager
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High school diploma strongly preferred; Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field of study preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Must be willing and flexible to work varied hours including nights and weekends as assigned Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Desire to work as a team member and in a multicultural workplace.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by client group is desired, Burmese, Rohingya, Karen, Kinyarwanda, Swahili, Arabic, Spanish, Sango, Tigrinya, Oromo, Russian, Ukrainian, Pashto, or Dari.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: The IRC offers a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. All US employees are eligible for sick time, a 403b retirement savings plans: up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus an 3-7% additional IRC contribution, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
In addition, full-time employees are eligible for 10 US paid holidays, 20-25 paid time off days, disability & life insurance, medical, dental, and vision insurance (employee contribution starting at $135, $7, and $5 per month respectively) and FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs. Part-time employees are eligible for a proportionate amount of paid time off. These additional benefits apply to employees who work at least 6 months within a 12-month time period.
How to apply
Deadline: 12 Apr 2024