The Capture Assistant is an entry level position best suited for fresh graduates interested in research consulting, international development, and/or business development. As Capture Assistant you will be on the Business Development Team that is responsible for the management of all proposals submissions to major clients such as World Bank, USAID, FCDO and various UN agencies.
The Capture Assistant is responsible for inputs as directed by the Director of Business Development, and the CEO in collecting, compiling, and sharing information regarding current or future opportunities. This can include, but is not limited to:
- Reviewing and comprehending RFPs and ToRs in its entirety to develop compliance matrices to outline proposal writing processes
- Completing forms and annexes associated with proposals or bids
- Assisting in the drafting and review of various proposal components
- Formatting and updating staff and consultant CVs and summaries of past performance
- Conducting reference checks on consultants and researchers applying for project-specific opportunities
- Identifying and completing initial vetting of potential partner companies and subcontractors requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Excellent English writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and G Suite applications
- Advanced executive function and task management (you should be able to manage multiple tasks with various deadlines and be able to allocate your time and efforts accordingly)
- Professional proficiency in French, Portuguese or Arabic will be considered an asset
You should be able to demonstrate strength in the following skills:
- Communication: Ability to express oneself clearly in writing and in conversations and interactions with others.
- Initiative/Self Starter: Ability to identify what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Adaptability: Ability to adjust to changes in demands, new situations or approaches.
- Independence: Ability to work independently and remotely, staying on task and accomplishing duties with minimal guidance.
- Continuous learning: Identifying and applying new skills as needed to perform successfully on the job.
- Organization Skills: Ability to plan effectively to achieve both individual and organizational goals.
Our company operates with five immutable laws. If these don’t resonate with you, working with us probably won’t be a good fit for you. If they speak to you, you’ll find a new home with us.
- Be nice or leave. All our staff deserve to be treated professionally and with respect.
- Discrimination, racism, tribalism, sexism, and neo-colonialist language will not be tolerated. This applies to our clients as well.
- This is a stress free zone. The places where we work are stressful enough, we don’t need to add extra pressure. Increasing stress increases the likelihood of errors. We all work to minimize stress together.
- We embrace a strong work ethic and a strong rest ethic. We believe that balance is critical to long-term success. We all work together to avoid burnout on our teams and ensure that team members have the opportunity to frequently and regularly take complete time off. We recognize the needs for every team member may be unique depending on their individual circumstances.
- Safety first. We never put staff or partners in harm’s way for any reason, and we do not ask staff to go places or complete work with which they do not feel personally comfortable – for any reason.
- Quality is paramount. We stand behind the integrity of our work. We don’t cut corners and we deliver the absolute best product possible every single time, both internally and externally.
How to apply
Visit www.joinforcier.com to apply.
Please include answers to the following questions in your cover letter:
- What part of this position most appeals to you?
- Based on our immutable laws, why do you think you are a good fit for Forcier?
- How does this position fit within your broader career goals?
As part of the hiring process, you will be given a writing test.