The Capture Assistant is an entry level positionbest suited for fresh graduates interested in research consulting, international development, and/or business development. As Capture Assistant you will be on the Business Development Team that is responsible for the management of all proposals submissions to major clients such as World Bank, USAID, and various UN agencies.
The Capture Assistant is responsible for inputs as directed by the Director of Business Development, and the CEO in collecting, compiling, and sharing information regarding current or future opportunities. This can include, but is not limited to:
- Reviewing and comprehending RFPs and ToRs in its entirety to develop compliance matrices to outline proposal writing processes
- Completing forms and annexes associated with proposals or bids
- Assisting in the drafting and review of various proposal components
- Formatting and updating staff and consultant CVs and summaries of past performance
- Conducting reference checks on consultants and researchers applying for project-specific opportunities
- Identifying and completing initial vetting of potential partner companies and subcontractors
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Excellent English writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and G Suite applications
- Advanced executive function and task management (you should be able to manage multiple tasks with various deadlines and be able to allocate your time and efforts accordingly)
- Professional proficiency in French, Portuguese or Arabic will be considered an asset
You should be able to demonstrate strength in the following skills:
- Communication: Ability to express oneself clearly in writing and in conversations and interactions with others.
- Initiative/Self Starter: Ability to identify what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Adaptability: Ability to adjust to changes in demands, new situations or approaches.
- Independence: Ability to work independently and remotely, staying on task and accomplishing duties with minimal guidance.
- Continuous learning: Identifying and applying new skills as needed to perform successfully on the job.
- Organization Skills: Ability to plan effectively to achieve both individual and organizational goals.
How to apply
Visit www.joinforcier.com to apply. Please include answers to the following questions in your cover letter:
- What part of this position most appeals to you?
- Why do you think you are a good fit for Forcier?
- How does this position fit within your broader career goals?
As part of the hiring process, you will be given a writing test.