International Development Law Organization
Overview & Responsibilities
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development, and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law.
To learn more about IDLO, please visit our website www.idlo.int, or follow us on Twitter @IDLO.
IDLO internship programs are designed to provide a mutually beneficial relationship between IDLO and university students, young graduates, post-graduate students, or persons similarly situated (collectively referred to as Interns). IDLO offers interns an exceptional learning experience in an international organization and increases their awareness and knowledge of legal issues in the development arena. Internships also benefit IDLO by allowing participants to contribute their skills and competencies to the realization of IDLO’s strategic goals and mission. Interns are fully involved in the work program of the Unit or Department that has selected them to carry out assignments relevant to their studies and experiences under the supervision of IDLO staff.
IDLO provides all full-time interns with a monthly stipend of €600. Internships are offered for 3 months and are renewable up to a maximum of 6 months. Full-time placements (5 days a week) are strongly preferred. Applicants available for less than 3 days a week will not be considered.
IDLO seeks an intern for an interesting opportunity to support the work of the Capacity Development (CD) Unit. The CD Unit is placed within the Programmes Department, with the overall objective to improve capacity development approaches in programming by:
- Supporting the design and implementation of capacity development activities within IDLO’s programmes and projects;
- Assisting programmes managers to set priorities and objectives for capacity development interventions from the outset of a programme or project;
- Developing tools and guidelines for the implementation of capacity development activities.
Under the supervision of the CD Manager, the incumbent will be assigned, but not necessarily limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in researching background materials for CD Unit initiatives;
- Support the development, formatting, and review of CD materials;
- Translate CD Toolkits materials;
- Support the drafting of CD Unit reports;
- Assist in the organization of CD initiatives and events, including providing administrative and logistical support;
- Support the implementation of distance learning activities;
- Assist in updating CD Unit databases;
Other similar duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate should possess the following requirements:
Education and Work experience
- Have completed or be enrolled in a post-graduate (required) course of study at a university or equivalent higher education institution in a field relevant to IDLO’s work (law, sociology, political sciences);
- Work experience in the NGO sector or international development is beneficial but not necessary.
- Effective research skills;
- Sound capacity of analysis and synthesis;
- Practical experience with clear, concise writing;
- Strong ability to draft and revise documents and handle business correspondence;
- Solid organizational skills;
- Advanced computer skills, and an excellent ability to use the Microsoft Office package.
- Fluent oral and professional writing skills in English are essential;
- A strong command of oral and written French and/or Spanish is required.
- Good team player, positive attitude, flexible mind, comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work constructively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to respond timely to queries and provide feedback;
- Ability to work proactively and independently and do so in a well-organized manner and exercising sound judgment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
Terms & Conditions
How To Apply
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply via our website and are asked to submit a completed resume and cover letter.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
The application deadline is January 8, 2023 (23:59 Rome Time)
Please kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the intern assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
How to apply
Please make sure you apply to the following link:
Capacity Development Intern in | Careers at HQ- Rome (icims.com)