Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you want to join a dynamic team that are campaigning against some of the biggest challenges facing our world today – from the climate crisis to vaccine inequality?
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. We’re looking for an experienced and creative campaigner to join Oxfam’s Agile Campaigns team.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will support the delivery of engaging, responsive, fast-moving and creative campaigning on humanitarian situations. You will work across issues and teams, flexibly and connecting to wider partners externally. This role will initially be working in response to the hunger crisis in East Africa working on campaign strategy and delivery.
We are seeking to fill this post quickly to join a fast paced team working to deliver emergency campaign work and will be reviewing applications for short listing as they arrive and we may hold interviews ahead of the date stated below.
We’re looking for a dynamic campaigner who has experience of national and global campaigning with partners, alliances, and/or coalitions. You will be able to manage complex projects and activities, quickly building relationships and working remotely to deliver impactful campaigns. You will bring excellent communication skills, as well as creativity and drive to mobilize young audiences to engage in Climate Justice. We’re also looking for a candidate who cares about Oxfam’s mission to end poverty and is personally aligned to the values of empowerment, accountability and inclusion in all you do and our feminist principles.
An ideal candidate for the role will also be / have:
- Experience in campaigning such as public engagement or awareness raising, political or private influencing and working with campaigning movements and partners. Preferably on humanitarian, fragile or conflict contexts.
- Ability to contribute creativity and to work in project teams from across diverse teams, divisions, levels, skills and background to deliver on campaign objectives.
- Knowledge and understanding of campaigning in humanitarian crises and working with country teams and partners in humanitarian contexts.
- Able to manage projects involving people from several areas of the organisation across the world and from other organisations.
- Understanding of different models and methods of achieving impact and change and the ability to develop plans to achieve campaigning objectives.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Good understanding. commitment and ideally experience embedding and continuously learning to embed a decolonial, safe, anti-racist, intersectional feminist and partner led approach in your work.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. We think this role would work particularly well as a job share.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding:
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment by complying with our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of our organisation.
Offers of employment within the open recruitment stages will be subject to one satisfactory internal reference from a current manager in line with current policy where the selected candidate is moving to a new Division and the role has significantly changed from their current post. Gaining an internal employment reference will not apply to those within ringfence selection or suitable alternative / redeployment situation which falls under Oxfam’s redundancy process.
Conditional offers made in selection stages may also be subject appropriate screening checks. Oxfam GB participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will take into account any live disciplinary sanctions a candidate may have when making the selection decision.
How to apply:
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Oxfam GB is a Disability Confident Employer. Should you be unable to submit your application online and would prefer an alternative method please contact our recruitment team ([email protected]). If you also want to discuss your application, please do contact us as well.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of an international confederation of 21 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
A thriving diverse Oxfam:
It’s people power that brings about change. To play our part as a global organisation working to overcome poverty and inequality, we need equality, diversity and inclusion across our community of staff, partners and volunteers. Together, we’re committed to becoming a more diverse workforce, better able to tackle the global challenges that face our world today.
To do that:
- We need to dismantle the unequal power structures that exist everywhere, this including Oxfam and the wider development and charity sectors.
- We need an inclusive Oxfam where everyone can bring who they are to our work and feels celebrated for the differences they bring.
- We want and need everyone, and that means we need you.
How to apply
Please follow the link to view and apply for the vacancy on our website: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/campaigner-1219/17432/description/