International Development Law Organization
Overview & Responsibilities
IDLO internship programs are designed to provide a mutually beneficial relationship between IDLO and university students, young graduates, post-graduate students, or persons similarly situated (collectively referred to as Interns). IDLO offers interns an exceptional learning experience in an international organization and increases their awareness and knowledge of legal issues in the development arena. Internships also benefit IDLO by allowing participants to contribute their skills and competencies to the realization of IDLO’s strategic goals and mission. Interns are fully involved in the work program of the Unit or Department that has selected them to carry out assignments relevant to their studies and experiences under the supervision of IDLO personnel.
IDLO provides all full-time interns with a monthly stipend of 600 Euros if based in Rome, Italy. Internships are offered for 3 months and are renewable up to a maximum of 6 months. Full-time placements (5 days a week) are strongly preferred. Applicants available for less than 5 days a week will not be considered.
Education and Work experience:
- Have completed or be enrolled in a post-graduate (required) course of study at a university or equivalent higher education institution;
- Relevant work experience is a plus.
- Sound capacity of analysis and synthesis;
- Practical experience with clear, concise writing;
- Strong ability to draft and revise documents and handle business correspondence;
- Solid organizational skills;
- Advanced computer skills, and in particular excellent ability to use Microsoft Office package;Excellent level of attention to detail.
- Fluent oral and professional writing skills in English a must.;
- Good team player, positive attitude, flexible mind, comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work constructively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to respond timely to queries and provide feedback;
- Ability to work proactively and independently and doing so in a well-organized manner and exercising sound judgment;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate;
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced international environment, working both independently, as well as acting as a strong team player;
Terms & Conditions
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications of qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature; or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for any potential Internship Opportunity and will advance to the next stage of the hiring process.
DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee/intern assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The General Counsel of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities and determine whether or when an internship position may be filled consistent with business and organizational needs.
How to apply
Apply for this job at the following link: Job Listings at International Development Law Organization (icims.com)