Stichting Female Journalists Network
SFJN is looking to recruit members fromthe civil society, media sector, and/or feminist movements to serve on SFJN’s Board to improve SFJN’s sustainability, strengthen its feminist organizational capacity and support its work on the ground.
SFJN is looking for candidates with a range of skills and experiences. These are listed below:
- Commitment to SFJN’s values
- An understanding of NGOs and how they operate
- Board experience
- Passionate and committed to social justice, gender equity and feminist principles
- Eager to contribute and improve media discourses from an intersectional feminist perspective
- An understanding of the MENA region
Skills (in at least three of the areas listed below)
- Ability to understand and interrogate financial reports
- A legal background
- A finance background
- Strategic planning skills
- Risk management skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to operate in a team
- Ability to network and advocate on behalf of the organization.
- Experience in financial management
- Experience in Dutch non-profit sector legislation
- Media, communications or PR (including social media)
- Understanding of issues related to Human Resources
Board members are expected to:
- Willingness to represent and promote SFJN
- Willingness to fulfill the representative duties and uphold ethical standards of conduct as required of a board member of a registered non-profit organization
- Availability to attend monthly online meetings and on occasion the be called upon to sign funding contracts on behalf of the organization and participate in big events fundraising activities.
- Responsive to emails and other communication
- Attend monthly online board meetings and an annual general meeting in person.
- Participate in the foundation’s strategic review and planning sessions which happen every
- three to five years
- Participate in sub-committees and support in improving SFJN’s sustainability, strengthening its feminist organizational capacity and supporting its work on the ground.
- Commit 4 -6 hours per month
- Please note that serving on the Board is completely voluntary. There is no remuneration or financial compensation of any kind.
How to apply
Send: – your CV and letter of motivation to [email protected] – by 30/August/2022. – Title: Call for Board Members.