International Committee of the Red Cross
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organization, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its support operations in Iraq.
- By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practice your profession in stimulating, complex and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can really make a difference.
- You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness and innovation to achieve the best possible impact.
- You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times
- You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
- Competitive compensation package, a monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, International Retirement Saving Plan (IRSP), medical coverage, life insurance, mobility allowance and social security scheme).
Job Title: Buyer 1
Duty Station: Iraq – Kirkuk
Reports to: Logistic Site Manager 2
Duration of Contract: One-year Fixed-Term Contract (with the possibility of renewal to open ended contract based on needs and performance).
Date of Issue: 13 June 2022
Deadline for applications: 25 June 2022
The ICRC’s Logistics (Log) Division is to provide professional support for the ICRC’s diverse and complex activities, developing timely, cost-efficient, and specifically tailored supply chain management solutions while ensuring quality, compliance, and accountability and maintaining high ethical standards.
The Buyer will ensure the work of the Logistics is managed efficiently and effectively in line with the established guidelines support the procurement process and regularly liaises with the other units. The Buyer will purchase categories linked to food, agronomics programs, livestock but as well other kind of goods, materials and services to ensure that the organization operational needs are met, considering price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. In addition, the successful candidate will need to deliver to a high standard work, be resilient and have a positive “can do” attitude.
Under the supervision of the Logistic Site Manager2 the incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Research, select, and purchase quality products and materials.
- Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
- Coordinate with inventory team, management, and stockroom as required.
- Assess quality of stock received and escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and logistics.
- Follows up on purchases and deliveries and checks that they are conform with specifications and contract details.
- Manages, follows up on, files and scans invoices and related documents.
- Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels.
- Spontaneously or on request, conducts market surveys and analysis for prices and quality benchmarking and submit reports to superior
- Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff and visitors
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required.
- Buyer supports the procurement process in Iraq in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations.
- Drafts requests for tenders/quotes, selection tables and contracts and submits them to their hierarchical superior.
- Cross check and fine-tune all specifications for materials requested.
- Ensure to liaise with other units within the supply chain securing finances, appropriate import-export procedures, transfer, warehousing and reporting of purchased items.
Education and Professional Experience required:
- University degree, degree related to Business Management, Engineering or equivalent.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience in procurement of goods and services is preferred.
- Good command of English and Arabic written and spoken.
- Computer proficiency.
- Certifications in purchasing, procurement or supply-chain management is an asset.
- Experience with humanitarian sector would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of and experience with financial rules, procurement procedure and local supplier management.
- Beneficiary and Client focused
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- People Management
How to apply
All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations. Clearly marked to ([email protected]) with the subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy title.
- Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq.
- The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period.
NB: If you have not heard from us by a Month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).