Save the Children
BMZ Project Coordinator (Only South Sudanese to apply for this position): (Budi-Kapoeta )
The BMZ Project Coordinator will be responsible for the overall management and successful implementation of the project ‘Support to the livelihoods recovery, reintegration and resilience of conflict affected IDPs, returnees and host communities in Eastern Equatoria, South Sudan’. This will include managing the entire Project’s required deliverables/outcomes, ensuring both technical, financial control and compliance and management requirements are met, and managing relevant government/stakeholder and donor liaison requirements, the candidate will also be responsible for ensuring that key organisational principles and approaches, such as child participation, sound monitoring and evaluation systems, etc are well integrated throughout the project cycle; for ensuring that lessons derived through implementation of projects are well articulated, documented and disseminated
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University/College BA or BSc Degree and/or Advanced Degree in related field (e.g Disaster Risk Management, Agricultural Economics, Natural Resource Management, Rural Development, Development Studies, Rural Livelihoods, Agriculture/Animal Science, Public Health; or other relevant fields of study) Degree in any of the above field is preferred but not required
- Previous work with children required, preferably in an organizational setting.
- At least 6 years of relevant experiences for first level degree and 4 years for advanced degree
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of livelihood based programs – disaster risk management, agro-business marketing and value chains, food security, natural resource management, integrated multi-sector development and emergency response operations
- Demonstrated ability in complex field operations and coordination; and willingness to take initiative and solve problems coupled with strong communication and influencing skills and mentoring staffs.
- Experience of managing donor(s) funded projects or programs.
- A good understanding of development issues in the project implementation areas in particular
- Proven ability to manage a complex and demanding workload
- Willingness and ability to travel to all project areas, within approved security frameworks
- Proven analytical and strategic planning skills and good advocacy, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Cultural and gender sensitivity
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to mentor staff
- Work experience in diverse international NGOs is an asset.
- Excellent Report Writing and English proficiency skills.
Demonstrated application of micro soft Office: Ms Word, Excel and Power Point
Contract Duration: 5 Months
Location: South Sudan, Budi-Kapoeta Field Office
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://southsudan.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS44NDU4NC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20