Lutheran World Federation
Biomedical Engineer, Gaza Strip– national position
Position type and closing date:
Full time Position, National Position
Location: Based in Ahli Arab Hospital – Gaza
Supervising: No supervision responsibilities
Closing dare for applications: 19th of June 2022
Applicants are required to uphold the core values of our organization
The Augusta Victoria Hospital as part of the LWF World Service Jerusalem program will implement a 5 – year project in the area of “Developing Cancer care capacity in the Gaza Strip” funded by Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe in cooperation with the Ahli Arab Hospital by pooling technical, scientific, physical infrastructure and human resources with the ultimate goal of building the capacity for the provision of oncology care and services to the whole population in Gaza.
The Augusta Victoria Hospital (AVH) is a medical center of excellence that has been providing healthcare services and other health programs for about 70 years to Palestinians, including refugees from throughout the West Bank and Gaza. AVH, a program by the Lutheran World Federation, serves patients regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, or political conviction, without discrimination or favoritism; It is a modern tertiary care facility that serves the most disadvantaged patients from Gaza and the West Bank and has a special historic relationship with the United Nations Relief Works Agency (UNRWA) for the Palestine Refugees.
For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/World Service.
Main outcome of the role:
The Biomedical Engineer will manage the medical equipment of the AVH Gaza project implemented in the Gaza Strip in cooperation but not limited to the Ahli Arab Hospital. The Biomedical Engineer will be responsible of receiving, tracking, overseeing the installation, regular daily preventive maintenance procedures, periodic preventative maintenance, retraining the staff on using the medical equipment and assuring good practice usage of the medical equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Keep track of all medical equipment in the hospital.
- Follow up the installation and handover of new machines.
- Perform the corrective maintenance of the various machines
- Follow up the external maintenance if needed.
- Keep track of the stock level of the department.
- Be responsible of the preventive maintenance procedures.
- Be responsible of the verification and calibration procedures.
- The duties are subjected to be changed or updated according to the work’s need.
- The evaluation will be based on your duties and your compliance with the hospitals’ roles and regulations.
- Undertaking any other duties assigned by the head of the department and the Medical Director.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering.
- At least with 3- 5 years of demonstrated experience in biomedical engineering and preferably in a hospital setting.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry, including an understanding of hospital operations or alternate care providers.
- Knowledge and experience with high-end equipment such as Anesthesia, Imaging, and Diagnostic Equipment, including the repair, calibration and maintenance of this equipment.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English and in Arabic.
- Ability to build credibility and trust with departments and staff and work effectively with them.
- Effective communication skills.
- Teamwork oriented and demonstrated flexibility.
- Ability to work independently under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and demonstrate flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Respect, Promote Ethical Values and human rights. In addition to Maintain professional relationships and act as guides and advocates.
Short listed applicants shall be subjected to a pre-employment written assignment. Those who pass the assignment shall be qualified to the interviews.
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is a global communion of 148 churches in the Lutheran tradition, representing 75.5 million Christians in 99 countries. LWF World Service works in 25 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean. LWF Jerusalem program has served the Palestinians in Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza through humanitarian, health and educational programs since 1948. LWF manages the Augusta Victoria Hospital, two vocational training centers in Ramallah and in East Jerusalem and its central office is on the Mount of Olives.