About the role
Any country in which we have an International Office
Commercial Development Office
FUNCTION OF DEPARTMENT
Management and production of commercially responsive bids to clients and partners. Part of a team responsible for winning new business in line with the strategy and values of the organisation.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
As coordinator within a bid team, you will report to the bid manager, supporting them to track progress, liaise with the team and administer the bid. When not working on a specific bid, you will undertake research, develop written content and support the work of the wider team to improve our bidding process and win rate.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB
- Understand and follow the bid process from identification through bidding to negotiation and contract
- Support the preparation of bid plans, track progress and monitor deadlines
- Work with the bid manager to ensure all stakeholders are engaged in the process; internal, partners and associates
- Manage administration of bid related tasks such as due diligence on business partners, setting up teaming agreements, organising, attending and minuting bid meetings
- Ensure internal systems are kept up-to-date as bids progress, recording details as appropriate for quality and management audit
- Draft stage 1 responses such as Expressions of Interest and Standard Qualification Questionnaires
- Research competitors, partners and clients to support better decision making
- Continuous review and development of bid library, ensuring content is contemporary, accurate and of a high quality for utilisation on future bids
- Build knowledge and experience through working with colleagues, developing networks, communicating widely, and attending internal and external events.
- Be aware of and compliant with all the standards following Safeguarding procedures and policies. Promote Crown Agents’ speak up culture in order to protect the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
Any other duties as appropriate to the position, as requested.
- Qualification or training in MS Office products, especially Word and Excel
- Qualification or training in bid management, eg Shipley, an advantage
- Previous office and administration experience
- Previous bid coordination experience desirable
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.