Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
Job Summary: The Benefits Coordinator will assist the Benefits Manager and Benefits Specialist with providing expertise and functional oversight of Benefits Administration that support our global operations. The Benefits Administrator will be responsible for assisting with the day to day administration of all benefit plans and staff inquiries. This position reports to the Benefits and Staff Care Manager.
Specific Job Duties:
- Primarily responsible for benefits administration including accurate payment of vendor monthly billings, performing accurate billing reconciliations, leaves administration, terminations and maintenance of benefit plans.
- Serve a primary contact for plan vendors and third party administrators. Coordinates transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration. Responsible for the coordination of employee wellness and engagement activities.
- Provide assistance to the benefit function in both a domestic and international environment. Plans include health, life, AD&D, disability, workers compensation, pension, 403(b), and offshore retirement plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, FMLA, COBRA and other ancillary benefits.
- Provide assistance with open enrollment process including self-service updates, testing, and open enrollment communications and training, and audit of open enrollment data in multiple vendor systems.
- Act as a back-up to the Benefits Specialist for direction of employees to proper benefit resources and resolution of benefit issues.
- Responsible for updating of benefits orientation materials and benefits relating recruiting materials.
- In support of the Benefits Specialist, serves as a contact for claims (disability, life, AD&D, workers compensation) and processing and resolves coverage questions and problems.
- Manages the general Benefits Intake box and able to effectively organize and triage questions
- Assist with training all employees and designated administrators on how to use the “Self Service” feature of the HRIS system
- Serves as a back-up for updating and maintain the HRIS system with general benefits, and other HR related communications and documents.
- Performs data audits, provides monthly reports.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff): These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
Serves with Integrity
Cultivates Constructive Relationships
Key Working Relationships: Internal: Human Resources, Security Desk, Executive Office, CRS staff from other offices External: Visitors, clergy, vendors
THIS POSITION IS TEMPORARY
Exercises high degree of discretion and confidentiality
Strong customer service orientation
Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task
Ability to work as part of a team and independently; ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment
Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent interpersonal relations, particularly in a multi-cultural work environment
Demonstrated ability to learn and utilize software/technology
Highly motivated to learn and contribute in an increasing capacity over time
Bachelor of Arts degree OR five years of related experience required
Three years of relevant customer service and Tier 1 Benefit support experience required
Proficiency with Microsoft products including MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Oracle, ADP, and Aflac systems is preferred.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
Continuous Improvement & Innovation
Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
EOE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.