Associate Accounting Manager/Accounting Manager (8-9)
DAI Global Company, MicroVest Capital Management
Chief Financial Officer
Bethesda, MD (Greater Washington, D.C. metro area)
About the Company
A DAI Global Company, MicroVest Capital Management, is an asset management firm dedicated to applying a commercial framework to investing in unbanked and under-served markets. We focus on a sustainable investment process that provides private capital to responsible microfinance and small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) finance institutions in frontier and emerging markets. We believe a commercial approach offers the most effective, scalable, and sustainable solution for generating meaningful financial and social returns to our investors. Since our founding, we have disbursed more than $1 billion to over 200 microfinance and SME finance institutions in more than 60 countries.
A wholly owned subsidiary of DAI Global, LLC, MicroVest is a registered investment adviser, Certified B Corporation.
We are committed to excellence in purposeful investing. We strive to generate sustainable returns for our investors while facilitating financial inclusion for millions of underserved and un-banked worldwide. Our hiring process seeks to identify highly skilled individuals with deep domain expertise and a strong commitment to social justice. A unique combination of experience, industry knowledge, and extensive networks enable our team to identify opportunities, conduct due diligence, invest, and monitor our portfolio with efficiency, prudence, and creativity. Our portfolios are managed by a diverse team of experienced investment professionals who have lived and worked in many of the emerging and frontier markets where we invest. Our culture emphasizes collaboration and a commitment to socially responsible investing.
The Accounting Manager will have key responsibilities and take on ownership of tasks within accounting and tax. The Accounting Manager will operate independently, while proactively keeping the CFO informed.
The percentages below are illustrative and may evolve and/or change depending on the company’s needs. Specific responsibilities will include:
Manage the accounting of MicroVest Holding, MicroVest Capital Management (MVCM) and all subsidiaries:
- Maintain the general ledger within QuickBooks for the various entities
- Prepare and process accounts receivable
- Compile accounts payable for funds and holdings
- Track reimbursable expenses to MVCM and other intercompany receivables/payables
- Interface with HR regarding all human resources related accounting including payroll, all payroll related tax processing and reporting, 401k and leave accounting
- Reconcile bank accounts weekly
- Manage the timely and accurate close of the general ledgers monthly, including consolidation of MV Holding
- Manage maintenance and renewal of Insurance policies (MVH, D&O, Workers Comp)
- Manage vendor relationships and contracts
- Manage employee credit card accounts
- Track and manage employee expenses (corporate card and cash advances), allocate to MVH, Investments/Funds
Manage the accounting of all investment funds under management:
- Prepare and process accounts receivable and accounts payable of funds (fund billing)
- Track reimbursable expenses to MVCM and other intercompany receivables/payables (fund billing)
- Close the general ledgers quarterly, timely and accurately
- Prepare and approve monthly expense budget quarterly
Reporting & Analysis (20%)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for all entities and present to CFO
- Update monthly and quarterly tracking analysis of all entities
- Assist in the update of key performance indicators for all entities
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly financial reports to the Board and to fund investors
- Assist the CFO in Board and ad hoc reporting and analysis for all entities
- Approve monthly/quarterly capital account statements for fund investors
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget for MV Holding
- Convert the annual Board-approved Budget into a monthly plan
- Report quarterly on budget-to-actual performance-to-date at a consolidated and department level
Tax & Audit (20%)
- Timely and accurately process tax filings, including 1099, 1098, state personal property tax forms, FATCA, payroll and 401k
- Review tax returns and recommend for management approval
- Coordinate and support the annual external audit of all entities
- Write footnotes to the audit statements
- Review audit statements and recommend for management approval
- Tax Filing-Country breakdown for income/expenses (funds)
Additional responsibilities may be assigned as business needs evolve.
- Grade 8: 5 years of experience in some combination of accounting and tax, preferably in the financial services industry and a Bachelors OR 3 years of experience in some combination of accounting and tax, preferably in the financial services industry and a Masters
- Grade 9: 7 years of experience in some combination of accounting and tax, preferably in the financial services industry and a Bachelors OR 5 years of experience in some combination of accounting and tax, preferably in the financial services industry and a Masters
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Accountant and/or Enterprise
- Experience with multi-currencies, master-feeder structures, and/or derivative accounting
- Strong attention to numerical detail
- Very organized and have demonstrated an ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Office software
- An interest in social finance and sustainable economic development
- Experience mentoring more junior staff
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
DAI Global Company, MicroVest Capital Management and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. We are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
We uphold the highest ethical standards and are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
DAI Global requires COVID 19 vaccinations subject to accommodation required by law.
How to apply
Please apply directly using the link below: