Philippine National Red Cross
The Philippine Red Cross (PRC) is the country’s foremost humanitarian organization, with a network of 102 chapters in 17 regions across Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. The overall objective of the PRC is to equip vulnerable communities with crisis prevention practices and orchestrate all forms of humanitarian activities tailored to alleviate the suffering and uplift the dignity of vulnerable people during and after conflict, natural and human-induced disasters, health emergencies, and other crises.
PRC is part of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and one of the National Societies of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
The PRC works to uphold and apply its seven fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality to its six major services: Blood Services, Disaster Management Services, Safety Services, Health Services, Social Services, Red Cross Youth and Volunteer Services.
PRC is composed of dedicated staffers, volunteers, partners, and donors with the intrinsic aspiration to do extraordinary things. Guided by its mantra of Volunteers + Logistics + Information Technology = A Philippine Red Cross that is Always First, Always Ready, Always There, PRC takes pride in serving the Filipino people and will always be committed to providing quality life-saving services that protect life and dignity of indigent Filipinos in vulnerable situations.
PRC is led by its Chairman, Secretary General, and Board of Governors alongside its chapters, volunteers, and staff. It has its Headquarters in Mandaluyong, Metro Manila. The Headquarters are organized into three main Divisions: (i) Program Development and Services; (ii) Chapter Services; and (iii) Corporate and Business Services.
The Assistant Secretary General (ASG) for Chapter Operations is responsible for the overall delivery of services provided by the Philippine Red Cross Chapters. The ASG for Chapter Operations is responsible for standardizing and professionalizing the service delivery of Chapters. The role will require extensive coordination and liaison as the key executive member representing Chapters at the National Headquarters. He/She will be responsible for the operations of Chapters during periods of crisis and the long-term planning and coordination.
This position is part of the PRC Higher Management Team and will be directly reporting to the Secretary General.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the service delivery of the Red Cross Strategic Plan through the Chapters nationwide.
- Serve as advocate for Chapters at the National Headquarters on the creation and implementation of plans.
- Responsible for the standardized approach of chapters to service delivery
- Responsible for the implementation and adherence to governance policies and procedures
- Monitor, manage and evaluate the short and long-term plans of the Chapters.
- Coordinate closely with other ASGs on matters requiring cooperation and collaboration on all PRC programs and services.
- Closely collaborate with chapter administrators on topics that directly impact the delivery of services and programs.
- Support the chapters during disasters and regular service delivery by coordinating required needs/requests, staff and logistical support, and developing communication materials such as press releases, talking points, stories, backgrounders, social media and other materials needed.
- Ensure the chapter performance and lead the Chapters in a manner that empowers them to deliver excellent support services and maximizes value for money on investment from PRC’s resources.
- Monitor compliance by each department/unit/office with the terms and conditions of MoUs/MoAs and funding contracts and those with the implementing partners.
- Provide expert advisory services to the Secretary General, Executive Management and Chapter Administrators
- Explore opportunities for possible linkages with other organizations, groups and individuals on matters related to the efficient implementation of disaster management and volunteer development programs and services and interacts regularly and widely with a large number of constituencies at very high levels.
- Provide advice and assessments to the Board of Governors and Secretary General in line with strategic objectives for the development and implementation of programs across all the Chapters.
- Develop and produce transnational, multimedia content packages, visibility and promotional materials relating to the humanitarian work of PRC.
- Ensuring accountability and quality of program and operations management, budget commitments, and financial management in accordance with PRC policies, standards, and practices.
- Ensuring accountability, fairness and transparency in human resources management, through – out the employment cycle including (recruitment, development, performance management, contract administration, and welfare), by maintaining trustworthy environment, providing effective support and promoting a culture of continuous learning.
- Ensuring that timely submission of the required documents, including (but not limited to): operational highlights, quarterly updates on operations and annual updates on operations as well as delivers inputs for standard reports.
- Support the Management in all other matters related to the PRC activities – including (but not limited to) ensuring strategic coherence and alignment as well as programmatic and operational coordination, support and promote chapters and NHQ fund generation units in the development of the fund-raising strategies to increase resources generated and other relevant required management support.
- Developing department’s business continuity planning process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Public Administration, Economics, Community Development or any field relevant to the role
- Masteral Degree in relevant studies is an advantage
- At least five (10) years of professional experience in management, community development and related field
- At least (10) years’ experience in executive or managerial position
- Experience working and coordinating with government units as well as local and international organizations
- Experience of working with Red Cross/Red Crescent
- Experience of working for a humanitarian / non-profit organization
Knowledge and Skills
- Capability to develop strong relationships and work effectively with community leaders
- Knowledge in project management
- Strong knowledge on governance
- Networking and partnership development and nurturing skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including coaching and training
- Ability to make decisions in-line with organizational goals and values
- Fluently spoken and written English
Values / Competencies
Core Values: Focused, Fast, Friendly, Flexible, Forward-looking
Core Competencies: Communication; Collaboration & Teamwork; Decision-making; Client Relations; Creativity & Innovation; Building Trust
Managerial Competencies: Managing Staff Performance; Managing Staff Development; Project Management
Functional Competencies: Building Partnership; Strategic Direction; Leadership; Mentorship
How to apply
Please send us your most updated CV and Motivation Letter to**: [email protected] ,** with the subject of the position title you are applying for.