- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- Response Med is seeking to provide health professionals to deliver clinical services in UN facilities located in Somalia.
- Personnel shall deliver primary care & hospital level services, including emergency, surgical, diagnostic, intensive care & general hospital services.
- Personnel shall provide the services at the UN level 1+ health facility located in the UNSOS camp within the AAIA in Mogadishu & in sector health facilities, as & when required.
- Additionally, personnel may be to reinforce these AMISOM level 2 hospitals during emergency situations that severely stress facilities.
- The UN level 1+ health facility is a capability that was established in 2012 with the objective of providing emergency & primary health care for the UN international personnel in Somalia.
- The facility has since been supporting UNSOS, UNSOM & AMISOM FHQ personnel.
- Additionally, the facility is available to international personnel from other UN entities, diplomatic missions & UNSOS contracted vendors, on a cost recovery basis.
- Services may, on occasion, also be extended to the SNA.
We are looking for an experienced Anaesthetic Nurse to promote safe & prompt provision of anesthesia & participate in patient education & communication, hence improving clinical & surgical outcomes. The successful candidate will be a team player with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes & shape best clinical & non clinical practice. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meet patients before their procedure to conduct pre operative examinations.
- Explaining anesthetic process to patients & reassuring them before they are led into the operating theatre under their supervision.
- Administering appropriate type of anesthesia to patients via a variety of methods.
- Recording vital details, including type of anesthesia administered dosage, method of administration & patient’s condition.
- Monitoring patients throughout their medical procedure & dealing immediately with any concerns that arise.
- Give supportive resources on the patient & the families to promote positive outlook.
- Document all care rendered & response to treatment & medication treatments in the hospital management system.
- Offering education & support to patients’ families regarding treatment expectations.
- Support medical specialists in attending to patients in the unit hospital.
- Monitor patients’ progress in the unit for side effects to treatment & reporting the same to the medical specialists in the hospital.
- Liaise with other healthcare staff in handling patients with multiple of complex medical conditions in the units in the hospital.
- This role reports to the line manager.
- Bachelors or Diploma as a Registered Nurse with a minimum of three years progressive post qualification clinical experience in general nursing.
- Postgraduate training in Intensive / Critical Care / Anaesthesia / Emergency Care Nursing or equivalent with a minimum of three years’ post specialist qualification.
- Currently registered & licensed to practice nursing & apply specialty without supervision in own country or another UN member state.
- English proficiency, a minimum of level B 2 is required.
- Preference / desire to live & work in Somalila.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- CTG is open to reviewing applications of both expats as well as Somali nationals for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using the below link: