Action Contre la Faim France
Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
The recent development in Ukraine might lead between one to three million Ukrainians, out of a population of 44 millions, to try to leave their country in the coming weeks, UN agencies estimate.
ACF as a humanitarian actor has decided to take urgent steps to help Ukraine prepare for the war’s probable humanitarian fall-outs. If war continues – particularly if followed by occupation – tens or hundreds of thousands of people, potentially even more, could be displaced, seeking safety and security in the neighboring countries (Romania, Moldavia, Poland).
In this context ACF is leading an exploratory mission in Ukraine and neighboring countries. The assessment team will be first based in Poland. While assessing the needs, we anticipate the recruitment of the team who will take over after the first of evaluation.
We are looking for an MHPSS Expert for Ukraine, who will be based in Chernivtsi.
You will support the mission to ensure quality intervention, relevance and scaling of the MHPSS strategy and interventions, respecting sectorial standards.
More specifically, you will :
– Contribute to the strategy and positioning of the MHPSS technical department in Ukraine
– Support the mission in the implementation of MHPSS components of projects planned and started in Ukraine
– Support capacity building efforts and development of technical interventions in Ukraine
– You hold a Master’s degree in Clinical psychology or psychiatry with at least 3 years of field experience with NGOs in clinical, intercultural or humanitarian psychology. You have specific expertise in trauma-informed clinical approaches and psychotherapies. You have experience in implementing community-based MHPSS humanitarian programs in emergency and early recovery settings;
– You have previous experience in training and clinical supervision of psychologists, psychosocial workers, lay counselors, community health workers, and volunteers;
– You are recognized for your expertise in MHPSS and protection situational analyses, health facility performance assessments;
– Having previous experience with ACF in a similar role is an asset;
– You are fluent in written and spoken English – Ukrainian and/or Russian would be a strong asset.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– Monthly gross salary from 2450EUR to 2800EUR upon experience
– Per diem and living allowance: 493 Euros net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 450 Euros
– 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen
– Child allowance, 1500EUR/year/child (capped to 6000EUR)
– Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission
– 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + private insurance) and repatriation insurance
– 25 days of paid leaves per year
– 20 RnR per year. + 215 EUR at each RnR period
– Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here