International Research and Exchanges Board
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, work in more than 100 countries worldwide with offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 600.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Alumni Engagement Specialist (AES) candidates to support the premiere Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI). The overall project objective is to elevate organizational effectiveness, scale and sustain leadership development and foster alumni impact. This program will empower and connect young African leaders as they spur inclusive economic growth and prosperity, strengthen democratic governance, and enhance peace and security across sub-Saharan Africa. The AES will provide design and provide oversight over the implementation of alumni and YALI Africa networking activities.
This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
· Design and oversee implementation of alumni and networking activities
· Contribute to work planning of alumni activities and events, activity planning, and reports
· Ensure that alumni and networking activities are managed and that targets are reached
· Ensure that alumni activities are coordinated with other relevant USAID-funded activities on the African continent
· Provide updates and story leads to the Communications team for Alumni impact stories
· Assist in the development and maintenance of relationships with partner institutions, including academic, corporate, non-profit, and government partners across the United States and the African continent
· Contribute to project monitoring, evaluation, and learning, analyze results to inform project implementation and share program successes
· Produce program deliverables including Alumni materials, handbooks, templates and guides for program partners, and program reports
· Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in international affairs or a related field; Master’s preferred.
· At least six (6) years of professional experience in relevant sectors, including experience with exchange or alumni programming and/or professional training/development programs.
· Minimum of three years managing staff or similar experience.
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
· Experience leading networking activities, including webinars and other virtual learning and exchange activities and familiarity with learning management platforms preferred.
· Extensive experience in the planning and management of teams or projects involving alumni, education, training, communications or stakeholder relationship management.
· Experience working in and/or interest in developing capacity for surveys.
· Experience in design and/or implementation of alumni activities.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
How to apply
Click on https://bit.ly/AlumniYALI to submit your CV in English along with a cover letter summarizing your qualifications and stating your salary expectations for consideration.