International Potato Center
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a dynamic Agricultural Economist (Post-Doc) to conduct ex-ante socio-economic impact assessment of late blight resistant potato varieties in four countries of a recently awarded ‘Global Biotech Potato Partnership’ project by USAID. In addition, the post-doc will partly be involved in the newly established CGIAR Initiatives.
The Position: The Post-Doc in Agricultural Economist will be based in Nairobi-Kenya and will report to the Scientist, Agricultural Economist and co-report to the Leader of Biotechnology.
- Plan and set ex-ante economic analyses for biotech potato varieties in 4 Asian and Sub-Saharan countries.
- Conducts stakeholder and market analyses with a particular focus on implications on potato exports markets
- Organizes expert elicitation workshops in 4 Asian and Sub-Saharan countries for primary data collection and data verification.
- Collects secondary data for ex-ante foresight modeling from national statistics databases, reports, and reviewing existing peer-reviewed literature, including grey literature.
- Contributes to project reporting and preparation of scientific manuscripts to be published in peer-reviewed journals
- Experiences with ex-post impact assessments and field experiences is a plus.
- Build internal and external contacts to develop relationships for future collaborations.
- Keep team members informed of the latest scientific advances in their fields of development.
- Develop new projects proposals and applications for external research funding by building on existing strengths and experience
- PhD degree in Economics, Agricultural economics, environmental economics, or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience required in ex-ante economic modeling in a developing country context (recent PhD graduates with strong ex-ante economic modeling skills are encouraged to apply as well).
- Demonstrated ability to collect primary and secondary data.
- Ability to organize and facilitate workshops is a plus.
- Willingness to travel to Asian and Sub-Saharan countries.
- Ability to work with strict deadlines and in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and deliver quality products.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
How to apply
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on July 14th, 2022 , and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.