Save the Children
The job holder will play a critical role in delivering timely and quality advocacy and policy work to support Save the Children Philippines’ (SCP) National Advocacy Agenda which includes humanitarian/disaster risk reduction/climate resilience, health and nutrition, education, and child protection. S/He will support the development and implementation of SCP’s national and local advocacy plans, including identification of platforms and mechanisms to provide children with avenues to engage with duty bearers. S/He will also support strategic engagements and manage relationships with Congress, government agencies, other stakeholders and constituents to ensure that SCP’s recommendations are considered in SCP-supported/ advocated bills/ policies. The job holder will also be responsible in helping build relationships with allies, coalition partners, and those outside of government who can influence the outcomes of our advocacy work to secure national level change on development and humanitarian policy issues of priority to Save the Children. On a case to case basis, s/he may be called upon to provide support for advocacy and policy work at the field/ international offices of Save the Children.
As a member of the Advocacy Campaigns Media and Communication (ACCM) Unit, s/he will contribute to the development of the ACCM Strategy Plans. S/He will be responsible in gathering support from networks, coalitions, and other civil society organizations to realize SCP’s Advocacy and Campaign priorities.
The job holder should be knowledgeable on children’s rights as defined by the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and knowledgeable on how to promote the rights of children in his/her own work and in the work of colleagues, partners, and other organizations and is aware of the critical role played by partners and allies in the success of the advocacy work. S/He knows how to use evidence to support policy change and campaign work. S/He should demonstrate an understanding of policies, concepts, and approaches relating to child safeguarding, gender equality, disability, and social inclusion. The job holder should have a working knowledge and understanding of national and international humanitarian standards and practices, and knows how to engage in advocacy work for the benefit of children.
The job holder is likewise expected to be knowledgeable in using various mechanisms for engagement with champions, allies, and other sectors to build a constituency to support the advocacy work. S/He should demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the political process, on how to use relevant policy and political analysis and power mapping to drive advocacy work. S/He should possess good communications skills so that s/he can clearly expound on the advocacies of Save the Children with relevant audiences and supporters.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* University degree in public administration, political science, development communications, journalism, mass communications, social sciences, and related fields and/ or equivalent training/experience. Government/ non-government/ civil society organization networks/ linkages an advantage.
* At least five (5) years experience in advocacy and policy work with the Philippine Congress, child-led advocacy, advocacy capacity building of children and stakeholders, managing and collaborating with external partners and organizations to support a common advocacy, campaign, or policy work including organizing and managing advocacy and campaign events such as policy forums, round table discussions, town hall meetings, etc., to support advocacy priorities and coordinating with other organizations to build a constituency for such advocacy priorities
* Knowledgeable on children’s rights as defined by the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and other key international agreements on how to promote the rights of children in his/ her own work and in the work of colleagues, partners, and other organizations who play a critical role in the success of the advocacy work.
* Demonstrates an understanding of policies, concepts, and approaches relating to child safeguarding, gender equality, disability, and social inclusion.
* Working knowledge and understanding of national and international humanitarian standards and practices and knows how to engage in advocacy work for the benefit of children.
* Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the political process, on how to use relevant policy and political analysis and power mapping tools to drive advocacy work at the national and local levels.
* Knowledgeable in using various mechanisms for engagement with champions, allies and other sectors to build a constituency to support the advocacy work.
* Good verbal and written skills so that he can clearly expound on the advocacies of Save the Children with relevant audiences and supporters. Knowledge of regional dialects will be a plus.
* Excellent analytical skills
* Proven research, presentation skills and ability to produce well-written reports
* Good command of English and Filipino language
* Good interpersonal and conflict management skills with ability to navigate the dynamics of working with Congress, networks and coalitions
* Highly organized with good attention to detail and developed ability to prioritize and multi task to meet tight deadlines
* Ability to identify advocacy related reputational risks and recommend mitigation measures to address the risks
* Ability to work under stressful conditions
* Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Systems and other office tools
* Willing to travel/ be sent to areas of work for content gathering/ emergency response
* Commitment to SCP values
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4zNDc3NS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20