Counterpart International is currently seeking an Accountant to support the implementation of the Counterpart Iraq Civil Society Activity (ICSA) activities. The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) selected Counterpart International to implement ICSA in Iraq. The project has been awarded for a period of 5 years from October 2023 through September 2028. The purpose of the ICSA is to Increase citizen engagement and agency, especially among women and youth, to actively contribute to change on shared citizen-identified priorities, Increase CSOs sustainability and resilience to represent citizens’ interests and advance community-led development, and strengthen a public sphere that fosters CSOs active and inclusive participation in public discourse and citizen-driven change, including among marginalized groups. Under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations, the Accountant will be responsible for the financial aspects of the ICSA. This role requires a detail-oriented and experienced finance professional with a strong understanding of financial management, Booking and compliance with USAID regulations.
- Assist with preparing of the field financial reports and ensure complete, accurate reports and documentation are submitted to HQ.
- Records transactions in the accounting system
- Files vouchers and financial documents in Records Repository
- Prepares and process payments.
- Tracks sub-ledger balances, including receivable accounts for individual staff, such as outstanding travel advance etc.
- Maintains proper financial data and financial files.
- Assist with the payroll calculation process.
- Assist in Tax and Social security calculations, Reporting, and submission of all tax withholdings, facilitate payment to government and corresponding reports.
- Assist in preparing the monthly projection.
- Support ICSA office financial start-up
- Asist in reviwing grant applications, administer grants and ensure compliance with financial regulations.
- Assist in Preparing and submitting the external financial reports/invoices of assigned portfolio in accordance with terms of the agreement.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance and Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field. Professional certification in accounting is a plus.
- Minimum five years (5) of relevant progressive experience, preferably at international development organizations in accounting and finance; Master’s degree may be considered in lieu of work experience.
- A minimum of two years work experience in technical and operational requirements of government funding agencies (e.g. USAID, USDA, Department of State, etc.)
- Advanced MS Excel skills;
- Proficiency in use of accounting software – Quick Books and Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with standard federal grants, contracts and cooperative agreement terms and their application to the billing process;
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, respond to changes in priorities, and work in rapidly changing, deadline driven environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in teams;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated success in working independently, taking initiative, setting priorities and seeing projects through to completion;
- Strong service-focused orientation; must work well and respectfully with colleagues external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Arabic language fluency required; working knowledge of English preferred (verbal and written).
How to apply
To apply, please use the following link:
Counterpart is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Accessibility Notice: If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to [email protected]. Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Deadline: 31 Mar 2024